1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avventura petrol??

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Saubhik, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Saubhik

Saubhik Timido

Bhubaneswar
    Bhubaneswar
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dear members,
    I am new in TFI. I am planning to buy a petrol avventura around Jan 2016. I have heard that the petrol version of avventura (the 1.4 litre F.I.R.E.) is a bit underpowered. Is this true?
    Due to some reason I don't want to buy a diesel vehicle and the Abarth powered avvy is out of my budget. Please help
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Bro take a test drive for yourself and then decide. Don't go after what people say. Underpowered is a very subjective word, if I may say. IMO Avvy 1.4 is a pretty decent performer, does 0-100 in 13.xx seconds and is an excellent cruiser, if not a scorcher.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Saubhik

Saubhik Timido

Bhubaneswar
    Bhubaneswar
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Turbothingy thanks bro for your input. Should I go for the active or the dynamic variant? Is the 1 lakh price difference between these two variants worth going for?
  4. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I think both versions doesn't have ABS or Airbags as standard safety equipment. Since Suzuki, VW and ford offering basic safwty features in all varients, near soon Fiat may think abt it too. All the Best.
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. rohitsharma

rohitsharma Amatore

ahmedabad
    ahmedabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    hi.. what is your budget, as fiat is offering quite a offer ie. upto 1 lakh and more on road.
  6. Saubhik

Saubhik Timido

Bhubaneswar
    Bhubaneswar
    Fiat Enthusiast
    My budget is around 8.5 lacs. The dealer is telling that there is only 10000 discount on petrol and 20000 on diesel models
  7. rohitsharma

rohitsharma Amatore

ahmedabad
    ahmedabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    dude... i got 1 lakh rupee discount on emotion and trust me i didn't tried much otherwise i might have got even better deal.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 26, 2015 ---
    just let him know that you are interested otherwise other options are also available like getting one from bengal and getting it registered in your state. @Subhendusc sir got about 90k discount from calcutta.
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Saubhik - Firstly I would ask you to take the test drive.
    To me ABS is a must, since I feel that with Avvy you will be going on long rides. To me ABS is a must.
    By the way day after tomorrow , I will be travelling with my Avvy to Barkul - Chilka Orissa.
    I would be crossing Bhubaneswar. I will start at 4.30 AM from Kolkata so that i reach Barkul by 1.00 PM.
    Returning on Monday.
    550 km each side.

To me first decide why you want a car and for what purpose? If you love driving in Highways and semi-off roads like me , then its Avvy. Otherwise if it is a city ride and some long drives , I will ask you to go for Punto. Even for city ride and small long drives Wagon R is excellent. My last car was Wagon R and it is very stable car. Wagon R is value for money.
    So decide on the reason for buying a car , and then we can help you.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 26, 2015 ---
    To me Wagon R is better city car than even Swift dezire . I had both Wagon R and Swift dezire
  9. Saubhik

Saubhik Timido

Bhubaneswar
    Bhubaneswar
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I am getting the car for highway drives mainly. I live in talcher in Orissa and my main travel will be from talcher to Bhubaneswar which is about 160 kms. The stretch is full of awkwardly high speed breakers and in rainy season there are many potholes too. The necessity of ABS I can understand but its a pity that Fiat is not offering them on petrol variants. For small city drives I have a Honda Brio and I just love that car.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Saubhik

The diesel dynamic would be ideal for you, if not: the petrol is very fine on highways. It has a good, wide midrange, is refined and can, on more open roads, on longer drives, deliver terrific mileage of upwards of 16kpl too.

cheers