1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avventura - Need some help!

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by UPPALURI VENUGOPAL, Mar 21, 2016.

1. UPPALURI VENUGOPAL

UPPALURI VENUGOPAL Timido

BANGALORE
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hello Guys,

First of all, thanks to TEAM FIAT for approving my membership request. I joined the forum today and promise to send my updates at regular intervals.

I have been following this forum since last November (2015) when I made up my mind to upgrade my car (Chevy Diesel) to a "FIAT". After multiple test drives on Punto Evo, Avventura, Linea and Abarth editions, I have finally decided on Avventura Active version. Got the vehicle delivered on 30th December 2015 and have been enjoying my drives..

My Red beauty is nearing its first check-up (5k kms - probably by the end of this month). Quick things to clarify -

(a) One fine day, the speedo stopped working. Thought this was some wiring issue or something related. Is it usual in Avventura? An Orange light on the display started glowing 2 days after the speedo stopped working. I did a check on the manual which suggested that this display sensor might be due to "excessive emissions" or "high fuel intake" (sorry - don't remember the exact words). First, I was worried that this is happening to a brand new car which is just into its 3rd month. Then I realized that the speedo stopped working and the mileage indicator is not taking the additional running into account - which resulted in lower mileage (as per the sensors) and hence an orange light display. Am i correct in interpreting the problem? Is there something else I am missing out?

(b) While driving on the NICE ring road stretch (Bangalore), I found that the vehicle is deviating its path when I am at moderately higher speeds (and when hands are off the steering wheel for few seconds). I got a doubt that I need to get the wheel balancing done. Again, is this typical with other FIAT cars? I have never noticed this with my earlier cars. I did check with one of my friend who owns a punto- he told that this might partly be due to the bumpy nature of the NICE road

(c) While driving on a highway, a stone flew from somewhere and hit my windshield :(. There is a small crack on the glass and slowly is started spreading. Before it becomes a black mark, I have decided to get a new one fixed. Any idea what would be the cost of the same? Will Insurance cover it (as it is not accident-case and comes under "wear and tear")?

(d) The ICE set-up- I got the ICE fixed from a known person who has worked on my earlier cars. I am no audiophile but somehow was not happy with the output. While test riving punto emotion, I observed that even on high sound, there is no vibration from the doors (where speakers are fitted) but my speakers do vibrate a lot if I increase the volume. Not sure if its the problem with my pioneer speakers or the fitment. Can anybody recommend expert shops/ guys who are well known to work on FIAT cars?

(e) TEAM FIAT Stickers - Can you share pictures of cars fitted with these vinyl stickers? I would love to have these on my red beauty but want to confirm on the LOOKS first :)
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to FIAT and its niggles
    a - No idea
    b - this may the 'infamous' left pull, typical for fiat. if you got it fixed in first attempt, great. I had once tried too many times and wasted a few tyres. Now in control. Please get your routine alignment done, to save tyres.
    c - I have got my windshield (of my other car) covered by insurance
    d - I don't have it in my car. You may search the forum (tfi sticker spotting/sighting etc)
    UPPALURI VENUGOPAL likes this.
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @UPPALURI VENUGOPAL First of all congrats on your new ride. It's an AVVY!!! (Pl post pictures for our viewing pleasure!)

b) I do find such deviations due to undulations on many of our Indian roads. That accurate the steering response is due to its HPS unlike most other brand's. Try to drive on the right side (wrong side) of the divided road or in right end of a single lane road during absolutely NIL traffic time (very early morning hours). Check if vehicle moves to your right. Then the pull may be due to cambering of roads. Also kindly check air pressure in all wheels.

c) Unfortunate indeed. This happened once in my previous car. So you had a really unlucky day.
    UPPALURI VENUGOPAL likes this.
  4. UPPALURI VENUGOPAL

BANGALORE
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @limraj and @KPR Thanks for your inputs..
    I will post the photos in a day or two.
  5. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Welcome to TFI.

for Left pull, I've said earlier that due to Fiat being Hydraulic driven it is very sensitive & accurate to the road. You must have noticed that you can actually feel the quality of the road on your steering wheel. Well while the advantage of HPS is very accurate & progressive weighted steering with speed & excellent steering feedback, the down side is in a moving car if the steering wheel is not held the wheel will start moving about as per the road/tyre condition/ wherever the car has lighter weight/ road tilt/ unbalanced wheel .... etc etc.

That left pull or right pull by the vehicle when the steering wheel is not held is completely normal & should not move either ways when you hold the steering normally.

Unless you're having to literally fight with the car to keep it going straight there's no problem. I hope you get what I'm trying to explain.
  6. UPPALURI VENUGOPAL

BANGALORE
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @kk27 Got it!! I am not having any issues with the pull when i hold the steering wheel.. so, i presume, from your post, that all is well.
    My earlier cars had EPS and hence I was not sure about HPS.
    Turbothinghy and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  7. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congrats on your ride and welcome to the forum.

b) Most of the roads in india are banked towards left side for drainage/water issues. As FIAT Cars has HPS (Hydraulic) steering, you can actually feel the road. Still you feel doubt, try on straight road.
  8. UPPALURI VENUGOPAL

BANGALORE
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Ce3QZgiUkAAS0aV.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 31, 2016 ---
    The car has gone for first check-up of 5000kms.

I got the windshield replaced. AM yet to receive the bill, but as per initial estimates, it costs around 6k. (THe rear glass also has to be replaced as some kiddos playing near my car threw some stones, accidentally :banghead:. Currently, this part is not available at the service station. Cost of rear glass - around 2.5k)

Wheel Alignment - The Service station claimed to have done the wheel alignment. Once I drive the vehicle, I will provide my feedback on the same,

The service is being done at Vecto Motors, Singasandra. Heard mixed reviews about them- i just hope they don't try anything weird on the car :angelic:
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  9. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @UPPALURI VENUGOPAL . Welcome to brotherhood :) . So how's the car doing. Any travelogues updated? Eager to see your review and experience with you Avvy.