1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avventura by Abarth

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by Dr Nitin Dutta, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
    Hi TFians,
    I am new to this group. I am from Guwahati, Assam. Planning to go for an Avventura by Abarth; A die hard petrol head. Have heard that there a lots off issues regarding FIAT service. So need your opinion whether I should take the plunge. Have been a Maruti customer since 24 years and I am contemplating switching loyalities. Presently own a Swift Vxi 2007 vintage.
    Regards and TIA.
    bharath likes this.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I own a Diesel Avventura, completed 28000km till now, I have yet face any ASS issue. FCA keeps a serious watch on service people & give no scope for problem to occur at ASS.
    AND on Avventura they give best in class warranty of 2Lkm,which manufacturer would dare to offer such warranty unless they are sure about the service.

Yes, number of ASS facilities is less.
  3. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi Doc.

Delightful the Avventura t-jet Abarth-version will be, am sure, in Assam etc, given roads, hills and so on. As with other aspects of life in Assam and the rest of the NE there is the issue, not just with FIAT, several other car brands too, of having just afaik one dealer and service centre in Guwahati as well as one in Nagaland i believe. And apparently there are already a few Abarth orders in Assam, from what one read on another forum.

There is some special risk, then, of after-sales support issues, if only since you'll have just one ass centre, rather than the multiple options in bigger cities. However, there is the advantage of (a) a responsive FIAT including senior folk (b) advice and help here, for eg, from TFI-ians and (c) spares delivered to you at home from 99rpm.com, if at all needed.

Otherwise, overall the ASS scene for FIATs is much improved, if still imperfect at times (fewer service centres, crowded centres or small-dealer/Fass HR issues. It is cannot, anymore, at all be a deal-breaker afai can judge, speaking generally. Small dealers/ass centres often have the advantage of relationship building with technicians and managers, in fact, and can often therefore be advantageous despite being much smaller than say the giant ones of Maruti?

So go ahead Doc, eyes open of course: there is some 'risk' though probably no 'RISK!!' .

cheers Doc, keep posting
  5. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
    Thank you so much Prabhjot.

Yes FIAT presently has just one showroom in Assam and one in Nagaland; that serves the entire northeast India. But I remember when I purchased my first car a Maruti 800 in 1992; they too had just one showroom in the entire state or rather the entire northeast. So keeping my fingers crossed and taking the plunge. Waiting for the TD which the dealer said would only be possible after Dec 15th as the abarth avventura has not yet arrived in Guwahati.
  6. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
    Finally after much contemplation for over two months I finally decided to take the plunge....
    Booked the Avventura ABARTH . Yaay!
    bharath, Navneet, Murphy_Fiat and 5 others like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Beautiful, Doc.

Your display of deliberate, researched faith in this doubly-characterful FIAT deserves, given your location in Guwahati, every support from FIAT, and the dealer. Am rooting for them to come through for you and your Abarth, nice-, good-, proper- and pukka-enough, over time.

Do keep us posted. cheers!
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations DocSaab,

Have a blast :).

When you have time kindly put up the ownership thread and it would be the first for Abarth Avvy. As far as I know it would be the first one on any forum so far.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  9. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Congrats Doctor :)

I guess you are the 1st one to book (Avvy+Abarth) here. Even I'm planing to buy this, but only after April 2016, and I don't want to be 2nd one in this forum :(
    Dr Nitin Dutta and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  10. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats Doc for the Abarth Avvy. I am sure you ll have loads of fun driving it. Please do post your ownership experience.
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.