1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avventura by Abarth

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.4' started by Dr Nitin Dutta, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    The Avventura by Abarth, is an underdog to the Abarth Punto. FCA, hurriedly launched it along side to the A.punto. where all the attention was on the Punto. But me feels The Avvy Abarth strikes an excellent value proposition compared to A.Punto. its get the same engine, better wheels, better gc, better syling, body armour all at the same cost of A.punto.

@Dr Nitin Dutta, has been floored by Avvy and he swears he has forgotten his 25 + years driving the tin cans :)
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Both are splendid Abarth offerings from FCA, but its just that Punto has better dynamics with lowered suspension and hence would be a better candidate to make use of the Abarth power. Nevertheless, the Avvy Abarth is a very practical product but might not impress the enthusiasts as much as the Abarth Punto.
  3. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    If you are the person, who like to carry whole world with you, then Abarth Avvy is the only answer right now. Even after having Linea TJet+, many times I feels it is short of carrying my whole 5 people family together in it. Why? Cause I being greedy and selfish, I am not increasing the wheelbase (original 165) and not adding roof rails (not want to spoil her look). Which I ends up in driving slow and carefull on our broken Bombay Goa Roads. Most of the time when having full load I end up driving our Palio (with increased ground clearance of 205), as I dont fear of scrapping her from bottom or spoiling her side paints when going semi-off road. And she can take as much load as she can fit in her, without loosing her breath (mind you she is 1.2 , but a Tomboy girl she is).

Can i dare to take my Linea on Leh Ladhak tour ? I doubt, as I care her much instead of enjoying my self. But if she could have more height and more storage option (roof rails and storage over head)

So now, isnt Abarth Avvy would have been right choice for me, if it could have come up in 2013 and my family had been of 5 instead of 3! If I say , YES. :) Hope this sums up Avvy. Dont want to explain why FIAT! Cant keep writing my lovestories for her
  4. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
    I went for the Avvy Abarth because i had been driving low GC vehicles for the past quarter of a century. I was planning to switch for a vehicle with bigger wheels a.k.a. greater GC. I test drove the Ecosport; Duster and the Terrano. Around that time I came o know of the Avventura by Abarth's launch. I test drove it and I was smitten... It has the legendary FIAT road manners. For a person who grew up rather learnt holding the steering wheel in a FIAT Millicento; it was a home coming for me. I realized what I was missing. Also teamfiatiaans egged me on. Thus I took the plunge. I am real happy with my ownership experience. FASS leaves with no room for complaint. TATA owned FASS' are a thing of the past, I can assure you.
  5. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Dr Nitin Dutta : I am visiting this forum again after a rather long time. The current indifference in advertising and lethargy displayed by Fiat had me disinterested in discussing the company's state of affairs.

However, while the perception about the company seems tepid, it is no way an indication of their product. To that extent, many congratulations on having purchased an Abarth Avvy. It is truly in a class of its own and can handle any type of road thrown at it for its smallish size and reasonable price.

We have completed a 1700 km roundtrip in our diesel Avvy (details not posted yet) of Hyderabad-Mahabaleshwar-Tapola-Mahabaleshwar-Shirdi-Aurangabad-Hyderbad. Little did we know that Maharashtra's roads were so pathetic inspite of the state being in the top 5 when it comes to contribution to the GDP. The Avvy handled every section of road and pothole so well. Not even one scrape. It is on these roads that my wife shed her inhibitions due to total frustration at the time taken to munch the miles. She let the Avvy rip at 130 km/hr on good sections and 100 km/hr on bad sections. Needless to say, no one ever overtook us and the car remained rock steady inspite of its high GC. Handling and confidence remain the hallmark of a Fiat drive.

And since you have purchased the Abarth version, I can only imagine the wolf-in-sheep's-clothing. You must be rocketing up and down the roads and in a place like Guwahati, it should be a beautiful drive.

Congratulations on your purchase. You are possibly one of the fewest in a billion who own a rare, inconspicuous car that has the heart of a lion. Happy driving and may you see atleast a decade of satisfied ownership.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Good to know that you are enjoying the Fiat Drive. Abusing her to the maximum :) Sir did u smoked your headlights. looks super cool in your DP
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  7. Moody

Moody Timido

New Delhi
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dr Dutta,
    Eagerly waiting for a detailed ownership. Have you also driven the previous generation Avvy? What are the differences apart from the Abarth power?
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  8. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
    @Moody Sorry I haven't driven the previous generation of Avvy . Except for the TD vehicle which was a diesel. I found it too sluggish for my liking. Maybe due to the fact that I have never driven diesel vehicles as such.
  9. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Dr Nitin Dutta , sir who told you Disel Avvy is sluggish ??
    I will be bringing my Avvy to Guwahati maybe after the summer. We can have a test run. Yes , first 1 km I will be at your back , but then ........ I am sure to catch u up . Although i hate driving at high speeds. I enjoy my driving even at the highway at 100.0 -110 kmph
  10. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
    @Subhendusc I had stated that "I found it too sluggish for my liking. Maybe due to the fact that I have never driven diesel vehicles as such." I never meant to demean Diesel vehicles. I am a pure petrol head. And on a lighter vein; I am not into street racing :) Hope to meet you on your arrival at Guwahati.

AVVY_01_ND33599.jpg

AVVY_02_ND33604.jpg