1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avventura by Abarth

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.4' started by Dr Nitin Dutta, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
    Finally took the test drive today.
    Awesome vehicle with excellent dynamics. Rock solid feel. Tin-can brands no comparison to the FIAT. Decision taken in its favour. I am wondering now why almost all the auto review mags and channels were giving it a 'not so good' review. Maybe FCA hasn't warmed their pockets. Don't know.
    Sharing something I had never before experienced before:
    Had been trying to get a test drive from the local dealer at Guwahati for the past two weeks to no avail. So yesterday on an impulse sent an email to Mr. Kevin Flynn, MD FCA India. I got a reply within 10 mins that he would call me to sort it out today at 11:30 am. I got his call at 11:30 sharp. He talked with me and I had the test drive at 1pm.
    I am overwhelmed. Who says FCA India does not respond to its customers. This gesture itself took away whatever doubts I had about their after sales service niggles doing its rounds on the net.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Strange that you had to reach to MD of FIAT to get a test drive. Even more strange is that MD called you back !!!
    Have you made the booking? Why did you select the Abarth version of Avventura?
  3. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
    @limraj This was the only abarth available with the dealer. It arrived last Monday only. Probably because the Northeast is so far off from Mumbai :-( I have not booked yet. Shall be doing it very soon. I selected it for the Tjet petrol engine. I am a confirmed petrol head and I felt the avventura powered by the FIRE engine to be underpowered. Moreover the FIRE is an ancient engine I felt.
    Tornado and Raj_pol like this.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Dr Nitin Dutta and prabhjot like this.
  5. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
    The punto abarth has been available since the launch date at Guwahati. Only the Avvy was late in arriving. I drive a Swift so this time am planning to switch to larger wheels :happy:
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

Please post an ownership review of the rugged rocket!
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    where is other replies and discussions in this thread :wtf:
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Dr Nitin Dutta good to hear of the response from Fiat. I am from Guwahati and also a fan of Fiat cars so does make me feel happy that Fiat service seems to be improving. Perhaps a ride to Arunachal in an Avventura. :)
  9. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
    @Raj_pol Today I had to visit FASS Guwahati for a minor niggle. I was simply overwhelmed by their QOS. OMG. They might be a small team ; but they are way ahead of MASS in terms of efficiency and courtesy. I had been a loyalist of Maruti for 25 long years. After my experience today at the FASS I do not have an iota of regret for switching brand loyalties. Keep it up FCA India...
  10. Moody

Moody Timido

New Delhi
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have been interested in new Abarth Avventura since its launch. I am really surprised to see very few threads for the new Avventura though I see better response and quite a few threads for the Abarth Punto on this forum and others as well. Is there a particular reason Abarth Avventura is not being talked about even in the Fiat lovers community?