1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avventura 90hp or Other car?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Spawn, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats @Spawn on your new beauty. You have got the best cross dressed in the best color IMO.
    Enjoy the beast and start your ownership with lots and lots of pictures :D
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Bro!!!, you can call her at the most sis. (LOL)
    @Spawn,
    Congo, which variant. Please go through the PDI thread.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Spawn : Welcome to the Fiat family. How was your booking experience at dealer.
    Any discounts offered on the deal.[extented warranty] Hope the PDI went well. Were you allowed to drive the car during PDI?
    Do start an ownership review and post pics of your beauty. :)
  4. Spawn

Spawn Timido

Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi guys
    Thank you for all your kind comments :)

I booked Avventura 90 hp emotion variant Red color. They quoted a price of 10.28 lkhs, and finalized for 9.8 lkhs. Naresh from AV motors got in touch with me here in TFI and I paid 25k as booking amount. Dealership experience is very good. I would rate them as best and felt they were genuine enough.

I did the PDI yesterday and the car was good. I couldn't find anything major and they even allowed for a test drive (ofc after calling Naresh). I was too busy testing and checking the car - did not take any pics.

Can you guys help me in few things.
    - 3m paint sealant
    - Underbody anti rust coating
    - anything else which I should\can get at 3m. (Assuming 3m is available at HYD)
    - I am trying to get the insurance done from Royal sundaram (from outside agent). What would be the apt quote?

Thanks
    Nithin Kumar
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 24, 2015 ---
    Fiat india website shows benefits upto 80000rs. :? Also, me feels prices might be slashed pending the release of Creta and Scross. :p
    prabhjot and bharath like this.
  5. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    congratulations @Spawn on the new Red Avventura. Believe me, it is a head turner even if people give you pity looks for buying a Fiat. No worries, make sure you enjoy the drives.

Regarding 3M, I have gone to the one on Road 12 Banjara Hills and Mr. Vinod is a very friendly gentleman to interact with. For a new car, there is no need for a sealant. Just get a waxing done and use a Jopasu Duster everyday to dust off the car. If you intend to look after the car yourself, then get a few detailler sprays and glass cleaner sprays with lots of microfibre towels. Any other cloth will start putting scratches.

No need for the underbody antirust coating too right now because Hyderabad is not a very humid place. Not only this, Fiat by default has very good anti corrosion protection out of the factory itself. If you were in Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkatta or other humid locations, then maybe the underbody coating is required, that too after a few years.

You could go to 3M Madhapur too. Vinod's brother (Vijay) looks after that outlet and he is a very nice consumer-centric gentleman like his brother. Just take it easy for now and don't let your watchman scrub the car everyday with a dirty bucket and dirty cloth.

Have fun driving!
    Spawn likes this.
  6. Spawn

Spawn Timido

Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Just spoke with Naresh of AV motors. He said fiat has released new offers and I would get the price discounted by 20k. So final OTR would be 9.6 lkhs. yay! :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 24, 2015 ---
    Thanks Vidhyasankar, I will take a note and buy the stuff. I am our own watchman :p...so have to clean it myself. Should plan and goto 3m ...How much Vitamin would I need. Also, is there is any strong reason to go for tires of other brand.. say 'Michelin' ?
  7. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Nice to know about the further reduction in price. The wash and wax at 3M would cost you 1400. A jopasu duster for your daily dusting is 480. You would need a spray detailler like Meguiars quik detailer or Sonax Xtreme Bright Shine Detailler which are 475 and 750 respectively. A wax for monthly waxing will need either a paste or spray wax. For the plastic cladding, Meguiar's shine protectant spray works very well.

No need to change tyres. The Eagles supplied are not top notch but are above average anyway. They do their job well. So use them nicely and then change when you have shredded them.
    Spawn likes this.
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Spawn .Congrats mate. Welcome to Fiat family. Well it is the best choice that you have made. I would have chosen the 90 HP Evo though as its a more practical car in case you are going to use it for in city drives as well. I own a GP 90 HP with close to 20 K kms covered in around 13 months and let me assure you that Fiats are infinitely better than Maruti in every aspect you can think of including maintainence cost. FASS in HYD is good enough if you can strike a good relationship with the technicians and SAs. Just make sure that if possible be a part of the regular upkeep and maintainence of the car. The car will reward you with a wide grin every time you take the wheel.

P.S: I own a Swift as well with 1.11 L Kms and Avvy(rather Fiat) is much superior in every parameter that you can think of. Service costs of Fiat are cheaper that Maruti as well. Its just the bad reputation that Fiat has over the decades that is hurting sales.

Indian made Swift is no match to Fiats made to international quality. UK spec Swift is at least comparable.

Enjoy you drive mate. Dont worry much about what others say. Enjoy the exclusivity.
  9. Spawn

Spawn Timido

Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @nibedk for assuring words...:)

Thanks @Vidhyashankar Kannan for the list. D-day is tomorrow. Will update with pics. :D My own car!!!!! ^_^
  10. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Congrats @Spawn, excellent decision I would say. Hearing heart over head is what symbolizes a real driver. No doubt Avvy will give you grin spread ear to ear whenever you take her for a ride. Nicest thing along with driving Avvy is to see people's heads turned and eye balls glued whenever the car passes by...Enjoy your baby!!!