1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avventura 90hp or Other car?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Spawn, Jun 3, 2015.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Spawn there is nothing wrong buying 2014 manufactured car. We have some TFI members who bought an year old brand new FIAT from dealer for drooling discount.

Do proper PDI and if you are getting Avventura for 90HP price then there is nothing better than this.
    Spawn and prabhjot like this.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Let us know,
    Why you family members are against Fiat? So that we can clarify their doubts.
    Are you thinking of Emotion variant only?

AFA swift is concerned, only one link is enough to discard it. https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=m51wVZ6aA4egugSfooOQCw&url=http://indianexpress.com/article/business/commodities/maruti-swift-datsun-go-fail-global-ncap-safety-test/&ved=0CBwQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHjitubfBRQQNNU-QwmjN7wp1Fgag&sig2=02wbby3nYo3d9Ry_bkuaqQ
    Not only theMSIL wants the swift to be speed locked at 60 kmph, but also they are not offering the safer European export version here in India despite excellent sales figures in India. They manage bread and butter & handsome profits in India as compared to their business in Europe but offer the safe version to Europe and not India.

AFA, availability of MASS in every corner of country is just an eyewash. You live in Hyderabad which is full of multiple dealers of all the brands. Then why would you require to visit ASS located at country side?Won't you carry out all the routine servicings at your own city? Yes, you will require to visit country side ASS only in case of on road breakdown.
    I have owned two Marutis till date, and my experience with country side MASS is that they have equipment and expertise to undertake only routine servicings and nothing else. For eg, my wagon R AC was not working properly, the countryside MASS got the due concurrent servicing done and after wasting one day in that, they referred us to bigger MASS in Pune for AC problems. Also if there is a severe problem in the car enough to cause a road side breakdown, they usually do not store the spares which are required for repair of such uncommon problems and then waste 2 to 3 days in procuring them and later on repair the car. And the poor car owner feels that it would have been better if he had towed the car to bigger city ASS in first place!
    On the top of the above facts, swift engine is borrowed from fiat, and MSIL has to pay royalty to fiat and this extra cost reflects in the ASS cost of swift also. I mean fiat MJD spare parts are cheaper than MSIL DDis by atleast 10 to 15 %

AFA, I20 looks are concerned, let the other similar cars from TATA(Nexon) & Maruti (XA alfa) & Chevy (trax) come I 20 looks would be part of history. And who else other than a Avventura owner can tell you, how many eyes & necks turn towards his car daily.?

AFA Ford ES is concerned, its overpriced and budget concerned buyer should read the history of its repeated price hike due to good sales figures during its first year. It is the launch date of Avventura, when they stopped hiking price on their own & started offering some freebies & discounts.

Rest of the options you mentioned seems to be out of budget.

AFA as Avventura s manufactured in in 2014 are concerned they are likely to be only 6 to 8 months old (Avventura launched in Oct). Only problem in these cars can be hard tires & battery which can be exchanged in less than 20 k INR. So if you are getting better discounts, go for it.

AFA, Linea is concerned, your 'car for elderly' comment applies to all the sedans in that price range but believe me after TD you will feel yourself 10 years younger than what you are!

If money concerns are important, do not hesitate to go for Punto 90.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  3. Spawn

Spawn Timido

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for helping me out guys. As it turns out, there is no 2014 stock avvy with them. Will decide soon and update you guys.

@Tornado Thanks for such a detailed reply. To be honest, my parents do not know anything about cars...it is just hearsay. When my father discussed with his colleagues that I chose FIAT - they pounced on him saying 'FIAT' Is no good, waste of money etc.. While I understand it is not true, they do not believe me :)

Also, the reason I joined TFI and created this thread was because, I was desperately looking to get some assurance from someone. Trust me when I say this, I spoke to around 20 odd guys (my friends,colleagues) - only 2 said ok to FIAT (that too Half heartedly). FIAT needs to invest in PR heavily. The amount of negative feeling in general public is way too much to handle.

Your reply on Linea for elder guys is Bang on!. I meant for all sedans :). That's why I rejected City/Ciaz (irrespective of budget).

Your points on Maruti ASS are interesting, something which I can put in front of my big brother :p. I will decide soon and let you guys know.
    Vidhyashankar Kannan likes this.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Spawn,MASS reputation is earned during the days when Internet & such forums were not accessible to all and Maruti use to sell only petrol cars as compared to competition eg Amby, Sierra, estate, Safari.
    In general, Petrol car means less running, lesser visits to ASS, hence lesser ASS Experience.
    And these less experienced people keep boasting their experiences as there was hardly any competition on experience front.

Anyways,I am yet to come across a owner who was unhappy about Fiat 1100,amby, Sierra, Estate etc.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Spawn : Bro I own an Evo 90 hp and would like to chip in with my thoughts. 90 hp and Avvy share the same engine but Avvy has a better city drivability, though 90 hp is a wee bit punchier on the highway. This is because of the different gear ratios/different engine tuning. Also, the Avvy has a stronger suspension that can be put under a lot of abuse.

The tyres are grippier in Avvy (205 section) and the alloys are also better to look at (read: more aggressive). Also, Avvy is a rugged vehicle with plastic cladding all over, so would be easier to maintain IMO. I find the front seats better in Avvy when compared to 90 hp with more lumbar support.

So, if money isn't a constraint go with Avvy eyes closed, otherwise 90 hp is also great :D I would also urge you to go with the top end model with all bells and whistles.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. driveit

driveit Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Spawn, I also has initial hesitation before taking evo sport, but i already had indigo and i10. Indigo is not at all stable over 100. Feel like flying slowly.

i10 petrol is not a highway car. Noise level also high. Evo diesel is very silent. I had TD Swift, Polo, Honda diesel's. Believe me Evo is silent. Polo is fine...

But ride and handling, suspension and most interestingly the driving pleasure is excellent!

I bought my Evo Jan15. Within 5 months i have driven 14k. It's such a driver's car.

You will really love it!!
  7. Spawn

Spawn Timido

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Guys

At last, I booked Red Avventura. In the process of getting the bank loan :) Thank you all so much for pitching in and helping me out. I have so many more questions on how, what & why of cars.
    sudipz, Deepak, Tornado and 9 others like this.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @Spawn. Hope you did the PDI. It would be great if you could share the color, variant, price and discounts you got.
  9. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations @Spawn. Another Red Avvy in Hyderabad. Do let us know what pricing you got and which variant. When is the delivery expected?
  10. bharath

bharath Regolare

@Spawn Congratulations ! I loved reading your straight forward,innocent & independent thinking from your write-up!

Red Avventura ,being a sexy eye candy is too hot to handle as it will attract to many onlookers! Please make sure that you balance the audience as well while driving ,being new to it.

I was 26 when I bought Linea ,our first car ! So far, the best decision in my life ,I even doubt whether I would choose the right life partner :p !

You followed your heart ,it cannot go wrong ! All the best !