1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avventura 90hp or Other car?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Spawn, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Spawn

Spawn Timido

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Guys

I am a total newbie when it comes to cars. I only have experience of sitting in rear seat :p. After lots of research, I am very close to finalize 'Avventura' - but still confusions persist.

Since, it is our first car I am nervous.. perhaps? :(

All of my family members are against FIAT. I somehow managed to convince them to accept my decision. But I am very nervous on how the experience is going to be.
    - Should I go for a punto 90 hp as there is no change in space/engine but almost 1.3 lkhs difference.
    - Should I opt for another car owing to my very limited financial ability? - They are still suggesting Swift (cost and maintenance ) /i20 (looks) /ecosport (alternative to avventura) or Skoda rapid/city/ciaz (space and Sedan). Since we cannot afford any screw-ups...they want me to choose Maruti.
    - My usage is going to be City + highway. I am planning to visit lots of places with my friends (none of them owns a car).

AV motors, Hyd gave a quote of 9.9 Lkhs on road after lots of bargaining. Looking for some valuable suggestions.

2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Spawn check with your about the 2014 Avventura. FIAT has old unsold stock from MY2014. Only Red Color Avventura Diesel Emotion diesel. Discount offered by Pandit Auto was around Rs. 60,000.

If you bargain then you may get better deal and Avventura for Punto 90HP price.
    Spawn likes this.
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    I suggest you go for the Punto Evo.That is a no Nonsense car.
    Can you consider 76 ps Emotion varient Punto EVO? Features of 76/90 are more or less the same except for the Alloys(15 v/s 16 inch) and few cosmetic changes. 76 ps is City friendly compared to the 90 ps.
    Spawn and prabhjot like this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

If you're financially stretched, then a Punto 90 hp is better than the Avventura.

These cars are both among the very best value for money in the Indian market, including especially the monetary long-term cost of ownership.

You MAY have to be a little more engaged/alert in their servicing and maintenance than say a rather over-priced (esp warranty, service and spares) Hyundai, or a Maruti, or at least that's what the widespread 'perception' says.

Although if it's your parents' money mostly, perhaps it would be best to go with their preference, even if that is the risk-averse or the hearsay-based one?

Do PM @Vidhyashankar Kannan and @PradeepM who are Avventura/Linea owners from Hyd, for their suggestions.

5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    90ps is fun to drive than 75ps, thanks to the VGT(especially the pull ) in 90ps.In practical 75ps is reasonably good on both city and highways.90Ps wakes up above 2000rpm,where as 75ps bit early at 1800rpm.The thirst of more power comes into picture, when you are on highways and that too above 100Kmph. i think Linea is more faster than 90ps punto ?

if you are looking for other cars,then it should be Swift with FIAT heart with blue pill technology :D (more peppy).In looks wise Avvy stands out,if i was you with no issues related to the deficiency of Vitamin M,then it will be Avvy.
    VIJENDRA SINGH, Spawn and prabhjot like this.
  6. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi spawn,
    Welcome to the forum its very difficult to suggest the right fiat model, without knowing your maximum budget.
    Pls ,don't take the following suggestion in any other sense,
    There is a smashing red Punto evo 90 bhp listed in our platform, Its just 9k old and looked great.
    I would definitely consider if I were you, as the quote was very reasonable.
    If you are very particular for a brand new one ,well if you can think of Avventura as well as Ecosport, I might suggest you can as well bargain for Linea as well...
  7. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Spawn : Please take my opinions with an objective mind. I have read through this thread and while we are all happy that you would choose a Fiat, there are other things that you have to consider.

Firstly, you are a new driver. This means that whichever car you drive has a high probability of getting scratched and dented. No offence meant to you at all. You may be the greatest driver in the world but driving for the first time has its perils, especially in India. So it might actually be a better idea to buy a used car and do all the experimenting on it before getting a brand new car.

Secondly, money spent on a car is not an investment. It is an expense. The car depreciates 17% once you touch the road out of the dealer. So if money is a high concern, then I wouldn't want you to get blamed for anything that happens later. For example, if you have any trouble with FASS, then everyone's going to tell you "We told you not to buy Fiat, now see what happened". Fiat is a very reliable brand. No issues. If you see team-bhp, a gentleman has toured the length of India in his Linea complete 7600+ kms without a single issue. But if the money is not entirely yours, then you may have to think about it.

Thirdly, you may not have enough experience with any car brand's ASS. The only advantage that Maruti and Hyundai have are their higher number of service centres. Parts-wise, Fiat is excellent for quality vs price.

Fiats shine on the highways. But driving in City and Highway are very different ballgames. You need to get used to driving first. I personally do not have an issue driving in both situations but one thing I know for sure is that the car displays a very different character in city and on the highway. Needs getting used to.

If you still decide to get a Fiat, I would go with what @Mabams1826 has suggested. That is a 90hp Punto in probably a perfect working condition minus the high life tax and registration charges. It is solid VFM and the car is beautifully kept. You can save a pretty penny and get a nearly new car. Even otherwise, used Fiats come at a relatively more realistic rate than the overly priced used Marutis and Hyundais and Hondas. So take your pick.

Good luck. And please drive carefully. Traffic is India is unpredictably unpredictable.

PS: The price from AV Motors is high. They definitely have 2014 stock which they can offload at lower prices.
  8. Spawn

Spawn Timido

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks a lot Guys!!!

@kedarbendre I am a bit apprehensive about 2014 models. I wanted to go with 2015 model as it is already June month.

@Anup I did consider 75 hp punto...but keeping in mind that , I will do lot of highway driving with friends, decided that 90 hp is better. But then I saw avventura :(. I totally forgot about punto 90 hp after that.

@prabhjot I am planning to take loan and a bit Ill pay with my savings. So, I have finalized as per my wishes and I will be the only one who will drive the car. So I thought not to succumb to usual family drama.

@Ganges Bang on...thats why i chose 90 hp (of course, through research not experience ;)) Tilted towars Avvy..just afraid, If I am wasting precious M.

@Mabams1826 Linea seems to be like an elder's car ( no offence..Purely personal perspective) . Anyways I m not that young... I am 26 ...oh f##k...growing old :( . Just liked punto and then Avvy. So stuck to them.

I did consider Second hand car at first but it is kind of emotional feeling in our home - Not to buy second's anymore. We did buy a lot of 2nd hand items when we were kids (lot is small word. 'Almost' is correct). So we kind of hate 2nd's now :| Family drama eh?

@Vidhyashankar Kannan Thanks for such detailed reply :). I fear those scratches/bumps. I learnt driving and drove one of my relative car couple of times...and felt its not tough.. All I need is a cool mind and practice. Although, you are right that I need to practice on old car first..somehow I think I am ready for new car. Over confidence? :( I hope not.

Is it ok to buy 2014 version?...Its already June and I might end up buying in July.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 3, 2015 ---
    If it is 2015 latest model...then is the Price right? Or Am I playing too much.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    bharath, PradeepM, limraj and 4 others like this.
  9. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    good to hear that you have made up your mind. The difference between the Avventura and the Punto 90HP would be

Higher GC,
    Spare Alloy Wheel instead of steel rim
    Plastic Cladding
    Beefier suspensions
    Slightly different ECU tuning
    Spare wheel outside
    16 inch rims

You pay nearly 1.5 lakhs extra for the above over the Punto 90 HP. So decide which one is to your heart's desire. You can buy the 2014 model because the warranty anyway starts from the date of delivery. But if the 6 month thing is something you are not comfortable with, then the discount may not be much.

And you are only 26!
    Spawn likes this.
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Spawn: ask dealer to give VIN# of the car. if its 2014 make do a thorough PDI. Its perfectly ok to buy 2014 model if PDI goes well.
    Spawn likes this.