1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Avinashi - Coimbature - Thrissur Road condition

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by bsrej, Aug 31, 2015.

1. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Friends,

I am planning to drive to Cochin this week. I would like to know the road condition from Avinashi - Coimbatore till Thrissur (Kerala). The last time when I did this stretch (more than an year back), there were lot of constructions going on and that drastically reduced my average speed.

Has anybody did this stretch recently ? Please help me on this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Its been more than a year since I followed this route. Would be eager to hear from any recent travelers.

From what I read from other forums, the road is excellent till Coimbatore and bad to terrible after on. You may have to consider an alternate option. May be, Chennai - Salem - Perundurai - Kangeyam - Palladam - Pollachi - Palakkad - Ottapalam - Shoranur - Thrissur - Cochin.
    bsrej likes this.
  3. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Ramjn,

I heard that Walayar - Thrissur stretch is four lane now and they have started collecting toll as well. As you said, I would like to hear from any of the recent travelers.

I took the Kangeyam - Palladam - Pollachi - Kollengode - Wadakanchery - Thrissur route last time. It was through state highways.

This time around I thought of taking Walayar - Thrissur stretch if the condition is good. I heard that we could do Walayar - Aluva in less than two hours with the new road.

Waiting to hear from recent travelers.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The stretch from marapalam to walayar is bad. Lots of diversions and construction work going on. Rest is pretty good.
    bsrej likes this.
  5. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks DRIV3R. Is there any alternative route from marapalam to walayar ?
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I have done Annur->Palghat->Chalakkudy in June 2015 (while coming from Bangalore, via Sathyamangalam). Good roads all around except some work going on near Kuthiraan.
    On entry to Kerala, I felt the roads were unbelievably better than TN's !
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015