1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Average mileage on a fully loaded punto?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Esakki Sundar, May 9, 2015.

1. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,
    My car has done 16000 so far and I did a trip from Chennai to Coimbatore with 4 adults and 2 kids in my Punto. Boot space was fully loaded. Filled the Diesel at Shell. I was driving between 100-120 kmph. Average fuel consumption was 17.8kmpl. Just wanted to know what is the average we can expect on a fully loaded punto.
  2. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    This is actually good mileage considering the load and the speeds at which the car was driven. If you do coast a lot with sedate driving and speeds around 80 kmph, mileage beyond 20kmpl is quite easy to get.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats a good mileage. In my recent trip to Konkan (around 500km)drive from Pune, i got around 15kmpl with 100% ac on.
  4. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Brilliant average I would say. If you can keep the speeds between 70-100 you would get more than 21 kmpl.
  5. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks a lot for your inputs. At the end of the journey, average speed shown on MID was 71kmph. I'm sure I didn't travel at this speed on highway which was around 7 hours, I'm just curious how it was calculated
  6. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes its perfectly fine. You covered around 500 kms in 7 hrs . So average speed is around 71 kms/h. Average speed is nothing but the total kms divided by the total amount of time taken.
  7. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi nibedk,
    If the average was 70kmph, shouldn't the mileage be more. As per earlier two posts when the speed is around 80kmph, we should get 20+kmpl. Pl clarify my doubt.
  8. manganna

manganna Timido

bangalore
    bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Friends,
    After My car first service has done I went to my native Place from Bangalore to Tanuku (AP). In my car 2 adults and 2 kids and Boot space also full. I was driving between 140-160 kmph. And Total 800 KM Driven, The Average fuel consumption was 15.1kmpl.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Sorry to say but with 2 kids onboard you were driving at 140-160kmph.

I would suggest you not to overspeed when you have family with you.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    Raaz likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1 @kedarbendre
    @manganna
    i believe it was for short period. 140+ is too much on indian roads.Please avoid such speeds, when with family.
    Raaz likes this.