1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Availability of Uber/Ola Delhi<->Dharmasala?

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by limraj, Apr 22, 2016.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Hi folks.

Need your help.
    I'm planning a family trip to Himachal Pradesh. (attractions to be finalized). Mostly, me wife and kids (6 and 2yrs) will be travelling during May 3rd week or so.

I've a logistic problem.
    We'll be flying to Delhi from Cochin and then should reach a place near Dharmsala, where wife's cousin and family are staying. They would host us (stay and a Dzire car to move around).

Question is reaching Dharmasala from Delhi airport.
    1. My preference is Uber or Ola's innova. For the 500+kms journey, it gives some flexibility about the stops for bio breaks etc. Is Uber or Ola are operating to these destinations?

Other options are
    2. taking another flight to Dharmsala, though expensive, wife prefers it for the less duration.
    3. Volvo buses (I need to travel to Kashmiri gate and then catch the buses. I would have to be doubling up as the porter. Would like to avoid this).
    4. Self drive rental - any good options here? Would any self drive rental accept drop off at Dharmsala? And pick up at this place?

Thank you for your inputs.