1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

auxiliary lights for Punto 90HP

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by MrBig, Nov 17, 2011.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm running on phillips 90/110 inside the head lamp assy .. I feel its sufficient but i like the idea of varun.
    I'm planning on getting them installed but will use it only when i go out of station ..
    Such a low placing would not harm the oncoming traffic as well.. (But it ruin's the look of the car)
  2. throbknight

throbknight

Warangal
    Auxilary Lights For PUNTO

Hi Everyone!
    I have an option for AUX Lights for Punto. I have Hella 500 on my Punto. Check out this Pic

Hellla.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. throbknight

throbknight

Warangal
    Hi Akshay!
    I am afraid I don't have any more pictures to share because I have done the job during the night and I didn't have a good camera then.
    I haven't seen BIW bumper mounting for Linea but assuming the it would be similar to Punto, I am sharing some drawings of the brackets that I have used.
    fRONT VIEW.png
    Side View.png
    1 person likes this.
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    mine is also exactly same , except i used nut n bolt instead of welds.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Spent 5 hours today and the result is this:)
    I love the fact,that now i can turn on 8 55W Bulbs at a time,and light up the road.
    First Linea on the forum with Auxillary lights?
    DSCN3195.JPG DSCN3189.jpg
    4 people like this.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @akshay: Awesome coverage and well lit, can you move out of car and tell us how does the on coming vistor would feel. I hope this doesnt blind oncoming traffic. I always like brighly lit road, but problem is the oncoming traffic doesnt :p

I use to think of putting lights in the lower grill section, complete lower grill replaced by a big block of lights :)
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    3 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ +100 to that. 8 lights, will of course blind the oncoming traffic. Viny, you are a nice fella, thinking of just putting a block of lights. I have always wanted to carry an air pistol with me, so I can shoot those lights out :evil:

Couple of years back, driving back from Sabarimala, we encountered thick fog. So thick, that I could only guess where the road was. So, we pulled over and then decided on this strategy. A friend got off the car and started walking in the middle of the road with a lit torch light in his hand. I followed him at ~ 5 kmph, with just the parking lights on. Lesson learnt - given really really bad conditions, no amout of lights will help :D

Rajan
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Hella's have a narrow and long beam,and i have directed them towards the road,and no they do not blind the traffic at all.
    @patchysir,Stock already has 6 so i just moved +2,and they are pointed towards the road,and they do not blind the oncoming traffic,but i also believe in the saying,when in rome,do as the romans do,so i dont mind blinding the random jerk who wont switch beams.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @akshay: Cool :) I might try something in near future, though currently many of the car owners ask me to dip the light even when its on LOW, I even went to service station to check if the beams are directed in right way :p I guess linea lights are good by default in city, but not so great in open roads, where we need that extra coverage.
  10. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    I hope this is the right thread to post this query.
    I cannot upload images from office, so will only use words.

I want to have a switch for my DRLs, but I hate the normal switches which are fixed to the dashboard but cutting a hole.
    I have the old Emotion variant. On the centre console of the dash, I have the rear defogger ans 5 other dummy switches.
    Can I use them as switches. If yes, how? The dealer says that the only way is to buy the Active's complete switch assy for 1500/-
    I somehow don't trust him. Isn't there any way we can use those switches?
    If I buy the complete assy, defogger switch will not be available to me since this button/switch is absent in Active?

Mods please move this to another thread if this is irrelevant here.