1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

auxiliary lights for Punto 90HP

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by MrBig, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Something like dis ??

On-Left-Pavan-Choudhary-and-Right-Captain-Nitin-Anand.jpg

:confused: :eek:
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    well, not exactly the same... just one pair instead of two, on both sides of the number plate. but this looks kinda small, need a slightly bigger ones like i ve seen on a punto here.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi,

Why don't you try Xenon with 4-5k HID?

You don't have to add extra fittings & no problem of any battery problem too.

I have installed the same in my ride on the very first day because I used to drive on highways frequently.

Due to this I didn't get any hassle in night, rain and fog conditions.

It brightens whole path so that you can see each and every thing surroundings of your car.

I am using these from last two years and very satisfied with it.

Also these Xenons (4-5K) are coming with Skoda, VW.

Also the battery uses for xenon is lesser as compared to the Halogen we are using.

The cost of P8 HID 4-5 k is around 7-8K. (please check at your end)

I will not suggest you the chinese versions as these are very cheap as per price and quality.

If you want to go for it then just go for branded HID.

P1110381.jpg

P1110383.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    rishi, a couple of things which held me back from using HIDs are:
    one, i dont prefer white ish light , coz its a real pain in the rains and foggy conditions. I have upgraded my bike's light to 55W osram white halogens and am suffering. will change it soon.
    two, the police here are allergic to this . they just simply pull us over and fine 1200 bucks for this so called ' Mercury lights' . most of them would be in an inebriated state to talk to , at night. my friend who had 4.2k HID on his bike was pulled over when he was going back from work at around midnight and was made to pay 1k !! And another recent news was there that govt is strictly enforcing the ban of aftermarket HIDs. may be the OEM ones would be spared!! who know s!!
    three, the cost factor. i may be able to get philips or p8 hids now for arnd 7k, but if something happens to it, i ll have to shell out 7k again.. but in this case, i can solve it by replacing the bulbs for around 1k. It matters a lot to me , at this stage of life. i know a couple of friends whose good HIDs konked off in a few months time.
    plus i m not getting all these just for visibility. it might get resolved by just using 100 90 in headlights. I was a strong advocator of using low beams for a very long time(even now), and i also expect the same response from the oncoming drivers as well. i switch to high beams only when absolutely necessary and to make the opp vehicles to dip. but these arseholes never even bother to dip it.. just think that this is just another way to make them do so.
  5. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    ^^ DO not buy those HID's. 100-90 halogens are better option.
    i tried P8 6000k HiD in my 1.3 MJD and i wasn't able see SHit on road:mad: + it blinds the on coming traffic. i switched to 100/90 bulbs and i was satisfied till i got he FXR clear lens projectors in my cars cuz i Do a lot of night driving.:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Finally managed to fix it, settled for neolites , coz i found it far more VFM .. one sixth price and almost same lighting as hella 700FF, which i was planning earlier !!!! . Also added philips rally 100/ 90, of course changed it along with fulls roots wiring harness.

Photo-0081.jpg
    2 people like this.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Varun the fixture looks pretty decent. How's the overall light now. Hope you wouldn't be blinding me when I am coming opposite ;)
  8. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Looks good Varun. How much is the cost and is the nuts used for mounting the safe one?
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yet to check the light at night time. I still drive with low beam.. rest goes on when i see an array of lights pointing at my eye !!

costed 900 for a pair . took it from ekm only. It is clamped on 2 pretty strong 'L' clamps from the cross bar behind the number plate. The nut was provided with the light itself, jus got fuse,relay from outside as the package doesnt include those like the hellas.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Varun,
    Below how it looks the DLAA..

[/ATTACH] DLAA.jpg 2012-08-15 18.22.59.jpg

8-27-2012 2-12-41 PM.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012