1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

auxiliary lights for Punto 90HP

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by MrBig, Nov 17, 2011.

1. MrBig

MrBig

Bangalore
    Hi All

I do a lot of nightime driving on the highway and want to upgrade to better lighting. Was wondering if anybody has tried fitting auxiliary lights (like Hella Rallye etc) on the Punto. Can this be done

Thanks
    MrBig
  2. This can indeed be done MrBig!
    However, fixing auxilliary light needs a seperate relay and adding one might just make the warranty on the electrics in the car void! I would rather suggest that you change the fog lights to either better ones or put in 10000K Projector lamps in their place!! Would work wonders with the form as well as the function!!
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    MrBig I am sure this can be done. I have seen one punto with Hella Lights.But I dont know the owner in person.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Why not a 90/100 including a relay, That set-up is entirely reversible and I find it more than adequate for my highway drive.
  5. MrBig

MrBig

Bangalore
    I had a Indica earlier and upgraded to a 90/100 bulb with relay. Though it was adequate for highway, it was too much for regular city drives. I used to see on comming 2/4 wheelers finding it difficult. So i wanted an option that i can turn on only when required, hence thought of auxiliary lights.

But i am not sure if it would spoil the look of the Punto too.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Mr.Big I really appreciate your concern to other drivers. Even I am of your same opinion. Let's not blind the oncoming traffic:cool . It would not spoil the looks of punto (well there may be difference in opinion). I'll try to get 1 or 2 snaps of puntos which has fixed aux lights and you can decide after seeing them ::T
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    cinju.. is it that tuscan wine punto with 2 hellas at the park? i also saw it a couple of days back at nila and absolutely loved it. I m already in the process of getting them for my my car as soon as i get my car back, i cant risk my life anymore. About blinding the oncoming traffic, i have absolutely no guilt or remorse in that, coz not a single A hole on the road out there bothers to do so, why should just a few of us do that?! and i m alive now just bcoz i had a punto at the time of my accident. . Also getting a pair of philips rallye 100/90 with ceramic holders wiring and relay kit, have to find out where in tvm i ll get this done. only concern is if the battery can support all those.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It can without any issues, I've been using it for almost 20K and it's running without any issue. I believe the Punto's front is best left untouched, But a meticulous installation can change my view.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Varun yes you are right. I am talking about the same TW punto. There is also one near Pamba building which has got a different set of aux lights on it's roof. Well I really do understand your point, but if you are doing the same as what others are doing then what is the difference between you & them ? But yes even I do react by putting on the high beams + fogs on such drivers & 60-70 % of them dip their lights when I do this. Well I am not trying to be a Gandhian on this, but at least trying to be a responsible road user.
    Regarding the Philips Rallye & other stuff, if you can get these things, I know 2 places where this fixing can be done .So worry not.
  10. MrBig

MrBig

Bangalore
    Thank You,. Some snaps would be great.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

The battery can easily support it. I had done the same on my Indica and had no problems with it. The wiring should be done carefully else you will have issues.