1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

auxiliary lamps buying guide

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by theblack, Apr 22, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    can you please post some pics?
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    anyone who has bought hellas in blr . I would like to know where to source it from?
    I'm planning on having a DEMO as well so i actually need some good dealer info
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

ANy one bought Hella Black Magic???
  4. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Mr black,

Buy hella's from US. They are of good quality and cheap compared to india. I have still not fixed them on my GP.

I am in dilema whether to fix it in my GP or my S10.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.
  6. venka

venka BANNED

Did u saw this one ??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372384990.776884.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372385011.159429.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372385026.008053.jpg

Yes no TFI stickers on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ To me, the car reeks of misplaced priorities. Still running on steel rims, lots of sticker work. It would have been more prudent to get fog lights fitted in the OE location, than mounting this monstrosity on the roof. As far as I can see, the only utility of this contraption would be to blind on coming traffic. I wonder when we will stop blinding each other and act responsibly.

I mean, we can see a lot of people talking about safe speeds, wearing helmets and seatbelts, following lane discipline, etc. But we also see the very same people recommending 130/100 upgrades. Wonder if they actually know that anything above 60/55 is illegal :A

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes the moment i started looking at aux lamps i thought of a roof mounted assembly but here are my reasons for not proceeding on that any more.
    1.) It just strips the car of all its style and elegance.
    2.) Fog lamps or driving lamps at such high position will compromise visibility in rain and foggy conditions (hence you see fog lamps as close to ground as possible on any car).
    3.) Such high intensity lamps on a rainy day will give next to 0 visibility as they reflect straight off the water droplets.
    4.) Its going to blind the oncoming traffic big time and i'm not ready to do that.

Also i've personally seen cars with roof mounted lamps . I've driven an I20, maruthi 800 and swift with such a setup and i always found that the light travelled parallel to the road and never intersected with it.
    The latter is what one needs for great visibility.
  9. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Where is the dislike button. Hate it some non fiat lover would have done the silly mod job along with crappy stikering.
  10. Divakar

Divakar

Chennai
    Dear Friends! Would like to take your advice on installing Aux. lamps for my punto. As most of my driving is on the Highways, please suggest Hella 4000 FF is better or Rallye 700 would do!

Kindly suggest a installer in Chennai as well please!

Thank you.