1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

auxiliary lamps buying guide

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by theblack, Apr 22, 2013.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I am using P8 HID since 3 years now. I bought them for 7.5K that time. First used them on my Indica & now using in Punto from the day one :)

The cost should be around 6.5K approx. But I will suggest you that not to look the Chinese brands as these are cheaper & not so durable too.
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey anoop...whats the progress. Did you find competant mechanic for this job?
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I saw one Red Punto near HSR layout petrol bunk with aux light on the roof and a Ferrari big horse picture on the bonnet. Could not spot TFI sticker on it...
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

[h=5]Not a big fan of aux lights and I agree aux lights don't go well with the design of the car.. but it has become more of a necessity.

i personally feel like going for the rectangle lights.. i'm thinking of cutting the grill and placing it inside....this way when u look at the car from side..it will have a neater finish and nothing much standing out...lights can be tucked in completely on the lower grill and to a large extend on the upper..
    and installing fly-eyes on top of the lights..[/h]
    aux1.JPG
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    but does the rectangular ones offer the same illumination as the round ones?
    if i'm correct the illumination depends on the silvering and the shape of silvering right?
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

@thomman: Not a big fan of those rectangular lights - somehow, I feel they will look more awkward than round head lights. If you want to cut the grill, you need to make sure that the fog lights does not foul with the AC condenser pipes and other stuff inside the bumper.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys any opinions on this question i asked?
    Secondly I've decided its time to upgrade. I'm looking at both 500/700[FF] . Its only the size that is going to be a deciding factor for me and see how much of a differnce it makes.
    I"m planning to have a demo of both these bulbs and see then decide. Stay tuned the research has almost ended and i might have some news over the weekend.
  10. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Mr black,

Go for Hella Ralayee 3003 or 4003 lights. They do wonders and looks beautiful for our cars. I have bought a pair of Hella Ralayee 4000 from US but i am yet to fix them. WIll let you know once i do it.