1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

auxiliary lamps buying guide

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by theblack, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

So with those lamps on the roof,what do you want to see?,sleeping birds on trees?
    These are useless lights and look weird as well on roof of a hatch.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    As the journey is long with expected off roading on the way i thought it could be helpful for sufficient lighting usually rally cars sport this fitting ..

GRP-29650g_is.jpg LightBars_cages.jpg
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Vehicle in question is a hatch/sedan,not a big SUV
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Actually to say any extra lighting doesn't look any good on Punto..,

Agree with you buddy.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Actually roof is one of the places where you should not install lights. The reason is these lamps are extremely powerful and during dusty/foggy conditions the intensity from them is so high that they get reflected right off the water vapors.
    Roof is actually worst place to install lights.
    1 person likes this.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    theblack, why not you are trying 4000K to 4500K HID which will give you more light without draining you battery?

It's just a suggestion.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes I explored this option but vitamin M is the constraint
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Check out for Philips P8 HID Xenon...Bulbs. I have also planned for it in June, As i dont wanna mess with the Looks of the Grande,
    its just Plug Play, and is fitted on Grandeur (Our dear Mods Punto)
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    what is the cost of these HIDs
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

The Black:

I am not sure exactly which model Tony is talking about - I found some options here - HID For Cars | Car HID Kit | Buy Car HID Xenon Bulbs Online

The price ranges between 4.5K to 9K. Personally, I still feel aux lights are better option if the upgrade is for occational use (like only when you drive on highways), but if you want have better light all the time, then HID conversion kits make better sense than aux lights.

@Surya: I always love the extra pair of aux lights on a sedan \ hatch - IMHO, a good pair of aux lights can give a purposeful look. To each his own, I guess :)

(At one time, I had 4 aux lights on my Ambassador - 2 hella round aux lights and 2 hella rectangular lights - mounted on a front bull bar, along with 2 BIG bosch horns. Man, that was a sight to see. )
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.