1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

auxiliary lamps buying guide

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by theblack, Apr 22, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm planning on buying auxiliary lamps for my upcoming trip.
    I have Philips rally 100/130 bulbs but those are going to be replaced with xtreme vision or osram and the existing ones will serve as backups.
    On that note can I have some advice please.
    I honestly have zero idea about what to buy
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Whats your budget? If you can afford a good one, go for Hella 700FF/ 700FF blackmagic , costs 6k at blore, decent throw. For that, you need now change the bulbs to 55W, it can handle the power easily...especially since you are embarking on a long journey, through unknown highways, i suggest you not to go for 55W but stay on 130 or atleast 100/90.
    If budget is not a problem, get the best ones out there, Lightforce. full stop !!
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yeah i did look at lightforce but they are mighty expensive.
    Secondly I reviewed 700FF and 500FF and looks like they are almost the same but the reflector size.
    Do you have any particular reason for choosing 700FF against the other one? (because both are 55W bulbs only.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes I'm ready to spend up to 6-7K
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cos of size difference. dia of 700FF is more and it suits the punto better... obviously with more reflector area, spread is better in 700FF .our member akshay is having it in his linea !! see the size difference here: Drivers | Hella USA and Canada
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Hella 500FF will be the best bet,700 FF is a tad too large for hatches and Sedans.
    I got 500FF,throw of light is excellent,and a pair costs 4K.
    Varun i have 500FF not 700:)
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Even i'm planning on Installing one.. 1st i thought of buying the hella black magic(BM) and almost went to a shop to install it.. and that's when the shop owner said.. the light throw of a BM is not good..and its just for looks...

any one used a BM or any reviews???
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

That is correct,when it comes to light throw Hella 500/700FF beats black magic hollow.
    Black magic only if you dont mind the lack of good throw and want the lights to look cool.
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Thanks Akshay

- - - Merged Post - - -

if i'm not buying the BM..thinking of installing the Flyeyes kit on it on a normal lamps.. should give a decent look and good lights..

- - - Merged Post - - -

Check this video out..
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Never heard of this,can you please elaborate a bit?
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Black, i recently saw a figo fitted with axillary lamps on the roof somewhat like below:

2md0zo3.jpg

It won't spoil the front looks and makes lot of sense on long trips too..
    1 person likes this.