1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aux in linea emotion pk.

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by harip, Oct 26, 2017.

1. harip

harip Novizio

cochin
    Linea 1.3
    Bought this item recently. I already have blue and me and it is working fine with version 5.6. But then it is really a pain to use. Audio quality is no so great. So i had this duplicate sony sbh20 i bought from ebay for rs.700. Ebay refunded thw money because it was duplicate product. But it had functionality similar to original model.

The aux cable comes with pins to pull out cd player. Even if we do not use aux, the pins might come in handy. When i opened up, i could see the the blue and me connection to stereo was a combination of three plugs held together by a clip and channel. So i dropped my initial idea of routing the aux cable to blue and me connection which included cutting and taping.

I just unplugged the blue and me aux from the combination and added the new aux cable which slotted in perfectly.

Now i had to check if sound was coming in. I took and old pendrive of 2gb and added single song to it. Plugged into the blue and me and stereo was showing media player. But no sound. I plugged in my phone to aux cable and guys the sound quality was amazing. We have to crank the volume control above 10 but the quality was good.

Now multiple phones can connect, attend calls all from the blutooth device. If we use better device we can get better quality.

All for 600 rs. a77da2186cfd1ae13ff951e88da6eefc.jpg

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

2. limraj

limraj Esperto

Trivandrum / Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Are you still able to use the steering wheel switches?

3. harip

harip Novizio

cochin
    Linea 1.3
    For volume source etc. But to change tracks we have to depend on bluetooth device.

I use this. 16af512713ce9f0c911df0cc92df4497.jpg

4. limraj

limraj Esperto

Trivandrum / Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I tried using this method when my BT was not working. I found that it was cumbersome to me use an additional device, from what I have been used to for years.
    And then BT started working. I was relieved.

5. harip

harip Novizio

cochin
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. But then i was never into blue and me. Also i find audio quality better than that of blue and me using this method. Easy for other users in car to connect and i do not have to rely on fm transmitter to hear audio of other devices in the car like my android mirror dvr.
    Best feature of blue and me is the voice commands. If some aftermarker manufacturer can build a device like blue and me with bluetooth streaming and aux like they have for honda, it would be great thing for all fiatians.

6. Pankaj_Singhal

Pankaj_Singhal Timido

India
    Linea 1.4
    Can you please share a picture of the final assembly?

7. harip

harip Novizio

cochin
    Linea 1.3
    If its the back panel of the stereo is what you want to see i shall post another picture as soon as the car comes back after service. Its now in asc due to some issues with tie rods, egr+inlet cleaning and gear oil change.

If its front panel then there is no change other than aux cable coming from back of the stereo.

8. Pankaj_Singhal

Pankaj_Singhal Timido

India
    Linea 1.4
    Please ignore the request in that case. Front Panel is what I wanted to see.

9. harip

harip Novizio

cochin
    Linea 1.3
    No change in front. We can route the cable through back side of the stereo in a way to come under the cupholders.