1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AUX cable for Linea/Punto (pre 2012) emotion

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Robin, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Robin

Robin Timido

delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Dear all, After 6 months of research I finally ordered and installed an AUX cable on my delphi HU in my Linea pre 2012 emotion. I ordered it through aliexpress.com for 10$ approx (converted to INR) and was delivered to me in 10 days from Hong Kong. It came with HU removal keys and just have to DIY to simply remove the HU, plug the cable to AUX IN port at the back of HU and connect phone to the AUX and THAT'S IT...It just played music from phone with very good quality. The cable is of good quality and worth the price considering its not available anywhere in Delhi/NCR (not sure of ROI).

Here is the link to the item:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6518909604.html?orderId=66030708294665

Please note : Buy only if you have AUX option in your HU (by pressing CD button twice). Not supported on Blue&Me variants.

Regards
    mo1, asimpleson, rishike007 and 2 others like this.
  2. Mridul

Mridul Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    will this work in 1.3MJD Punto 2013 model ?
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Mridul It should work for all variants.
    Mridul likes this.
  4. Robin

Robin Timido

delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Yes it should work with all Linea/Punto variants supporting AUX mode function in their HU (Except blue&me variants ).
    Please read the description by clicking on above link given to merchant site.
    Mridul likes this.
  5. Soms.ns

Soms.ns Timido

Bangalore
    I want to get this done immediately. But what surprises me ism, What makes it so special that it has to ordered through a AliExpress? Isn't it available anywhere in India? I am from Bangalore, Karnataka. I will check in JC Road / SP Road. Will update either ways.
  6. Robin

Robin Timido

delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Unfortunately i could not find this cable in any shop im Delhi or online after extensive search. The aliexpress portal ended my search and it was a matter of 2 weeks for me to get the cable delivered with HU removable keys which helped me DIY to plug and play. Further i am considering a blutooth adaptor which can be connected to the Aux cable and make my phone/media player play music via bluetooth to car stereo.
  7. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi @Robin mine punto active 2013 with Delphi HU, will this work for me?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2015 ---
    1.jpg 2.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2015 ---
    This is how it looks when I open my punto HU.
  8. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :-( if I press cd button twice aux option is not appearing...
  9. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Is this only possible for the Delphi Unit showing AUX when pressed twice on CD option? Or Any Delphi Unit can have this AUX installed?