1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Autolink in Vasant Kunj New Delhi closing down

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Maxtor, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    I want for servicing my car today and was giving my list of issues to the supervisor when he informed me that the 4-year warranty would not be honoured anymore. Then he told me that Autolink is closing down at the end of this month - something I could make out by the few number of cars and the carefree attitude.

Though not at all great, I was visiting this workshop after trying and getting fed up of ABS Motors which is terrible by all standards.

So that leaves me on the look out for a decent place where I can do servicing. Bought the car in 2010 and every visit to any centre has been a big nightmare. The staff are fully incompetent along with unresponsive managers and on the days I have an issue and I have to go to any fiat workshop - is when I wish I had never bought a Fiat!

I have read 1 review here about Kashyap Motors in Noida - is it still giving good service? Any other place in Delhi/Noida/Gurgaon that you can suggest?
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Yupp Autolinks (once the biggest Tata dealer in Delhi) is shutting down. The Hauz Khas showroom was closed some months ago. Don't sweat! Kashyap will have another one (Sales & Service) in Okhla Phase III (starting 17th March). They have posted this banner right under the Modi Mill flyover (it is coming up where the Mercedes showroom was earlier). I'm so glad coz it saves me a 100 km round trip going to Noida Phase II for service.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Good if New Delhi FASS opens up in March. Will the good service guy be in Delhi or Noida? Appears that Noida phase II maybe around 120-140 kms round trip from GGN
  4. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    That is important - are they starting with experienced hands from their older workshop or all fresh hands who may take some time to settle down themselves.

Do they honour 4-year warranty?
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    We are going to have to find that out once they open! I would expect the place to be fairly well run given the strong reputation of Kashyap behind it. Not long to go before we find it out.
  6. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    I called up Kashyap in Noida and they said that it will take minimum 1 more month for the Okhla workshop to open( in Indian Stretchable Time it means 3 months or more).

Not much use to me because my car is overdue for servicing and need to do it asap. Thanks for the news anyway!

Maybe I'll try Kashyap in Noida(it's actually on Delhi-Dadri road) even though it will be out of the way for me but what to do, owning a Fiat car comes with all this unnecessary trouble - no proper repair/servicing facility for a damn ten-lakh-rupees car. Nearest workshop closed down, others tried are a nightmare and I am also apprehensive that with all the hype about Fiats own workshops(many of which don't even exist!), the old Tata Fiat ones will not even care the 1% that they used to.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Lets hope for the best and hope it happens soon

The okha worskshop was rumoured to getting opened since past 1.5 years+ - Oberoi guys used to always quote that it is coming up next month. So not sure when it will come up
    Where exactly does the Noida FASS fall? Would it be approachable from DND?
  8. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got my 2nd servicing in Kashyap Fiat in Noida last month.......They did a good job. (I too was fed up with ABS gurgaon)
    They said that the workshop in Okhla will take 3-4 months to open..... he also said that it will be a JEEP showroom

It is approachable from DND......take exit for Greater Noida expressway......
  9. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    There you are...Indian Stretchable Time(IST). When I spoke to Kashyap in Noida they were surprised themselves at my enthusiasm about Okhla workshop! For Fiat their customer is last to last priority. They know that all the customers will find their own solutions including asking each other on Team Fiat forum lol. They are of course out of the picture, conveniently. They are after all very busy selling lakhs of diesel engines to other companies to get good profits since anyway cars don't sell.

They basically want to create a showroom + workshop in Okhla for their new vehicle Jeep. Punto and Linea coming to their workshops especially the 4-year-warrantied ones, may be unwelcome guests at the grand party as we will find out later.

You can count the number of fiats being sold every month on your fingertips(yes some innocent people are still buying them ha ha, but Fiat deserves it with such poor sales and worse service). Soon both cars will have the same status as Premier Padmini - with the rotten old 'khatara' car image. Production can be stopped any day with such low figures(actually now it must be al unsold stock. Are they still manufacturing?). Fiat bosses are doing us a favour by keeping it going. Thank you fiat sirs(everyone kneel with folded hands)

Thanks for the directions.
    I have almost always had to do 2 visits, one for repair/service and other for issues that I found only when I reached home, that they should have fixed in the first place.
    With a workshop so far off it means 2 days wasted. Plus the blood pressure of following up and shouting, highly probable goof ups at the workshop, own personal supervision that their supervisors and Managers should do in the first place and much more. Also, some parts are sure not to be available, always and the bad news hits you when you receive your car washed and when you are ready to go home that so-and-so has not been fixed because parts not available.

Anyway thanks to this forum, it has once again lessened the pain of an ongoing nightmare. Too bad Okhla workshop is not open. Due to hopeless workshops in the Delhi NCR region(one big one has closed also) customers have to travel all the way up to far away Delhi Dadri road to one and only workshop that people are claiming to be decent.

It is really sad but owning a Fiat in NCR, capital of India, is a big no-no and not recommended at all.