1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AutoCar / Overdrive - What is missing in these magazines?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by kailashnj, Jun 23, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Most of the times these Autojornos dont include FIAT cars in their car comparison by giving silly reason of low sale. I think they are afraid of FIAT cars :lol

If you check Liva review team-*** then you get to know that Punto is not there in car comparison.

Out of all these magazines/autowebsites I will prefer Zigwheels & motoroids.
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Punto/Linea are always left out when it comes to comparison or any shootout.They will feature cars that arent in the segment/price bracket also sometimes.Liva's plastic quality is acceptable :confused: Then why not Punto/Lineas?? What on earth has the plastic quality to do with the car??
    Atleast it doesnt chip off and come out.

P.S :

Indian Auto Journos you need to wake up and smell the coffee.Stop filling ur pockets.It's high time that you review a car the way it deserves to be reviewed.
  3. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Wow what a review - I am sure Autocar has reached its pinnacle of biassness

4. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I read a comparo between Linea and Honda City when Linea was launched (forgot the source). Linea outsed the City in almost every department, except safety. The tester gave Linea 2.5/5 and City 4/5. The reason being City comes with ABS in all varients, while the Linea dosen't :eek:

Which car will keep the occupants safe in a crash? The one which is built like a tank and sucessfully passes the strict Euro NCAP tests or the one which fells like a tin? Felt like hitting the tester :boxer
  5. these magazines lack the heart and feel.
    they give biased reviews. thats all i can say.

thinking to put a mail to theeditors of both these magazines requesting them to put punto and linea also in the comparo.
    atleast featuring is bettter than not being seen at all.
    atleast featuring will gather some publicity.

STYLING WILL BE *****/**** for sure.
    what say guys??
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    +1 Right said, and i am saying it again n again that these ******** are been bribed, Let FIAPL give them some freebies and goodies for their cars and see how they talk about FIAT, I remember my friends close friend was working for a news agency, when i requested my friend to ask him why are they ignore the fiat cars and give them very less points compared to others, After a week he said that FIAT no doubt is a good car and a great car to drive around, but the others give us cars for a week with Petrol and some freebies with good package, but fiats just gives us car for a ride and take it back. (GOT IT)
  7. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Agar kilaoge-pilaoge nahi toh kaam kaise hoga?
    (You can't get your work done without bribing)
  8. teky

teky Esperto

I thought it's just magazines here in India, But look at this review of the latest Panda and the comments underneath. Seems like Fiat has got a very good fan base, but just doesn't utilize it properly.

New Fiat Panda | First Drives | Auto Express
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I am very clear on one aspect after a driving experience of 6 years. Do not believe or make decisions based on reviews by magazines, websites and TV Shows. Drive it yourself and make a judgement yourself.

Indian media is one of the worst in the world.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

I find Overdrive to be more biased than Autocar. Autocar atleast acknowledges that TJet is the best in class. The December 2010 or November 2010 carried out a comparison between TJet, City, Fiesta 1.6S and SX4. TJet was the winner of the comparo. They also have a long term report on the TJet coming ouit once every 6 months which also does justice to the Jet.

But one must not rely on these magazines. One should buy what one likes the best