1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AUTOCAR FIAT Linea RATING december

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ansal11, Dec 5, 2010.

1. mukulh

mukulh Timido

Navi Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet+ voted best by Autocar India Dec 2010

Attached is the comparison report by Autocar India placing Linea T-Jet ahead of Honda City, SX4 & Ford Fiesta :dancing

Attached Files:

2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    hey mukul, thanks for the great link. Fiat needs to advertise these kinna thing, other car makers dnt miss anything like this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even with 100+ kg more weight (more weight means more stability), the acceleration is excellent, specially in in-gear, which we use mostly. ::T
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    ive driven the honda city and obviously the Jet, at higher speeds. Other than the acceleration, the most noticable thing is the stability and the grip the Jet has. City with its 175/65 doesnt stand a chance. The article mentions 0-140 in 20.29 for city and 24.75 for Jet, Ill tell u by my experience, try going to 140 in city, u wont try it again.
  5. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Ansal

I agree with you completely having driven both. But extensively more on My T Jet blacky ::D ::D
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    TJET beats honda city hollow in almost all aspects. i am not bothering about 0-100 timings as these are the rarest sprints we will drive in.
    what matters is the torque at such a low rpm against 6000rpm of honda city. Turbo on tjet ensures max torque with min fuel consumption.
    other aspects like safety , build quality like a tank , handling etc are way better in TJET.
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    What would be interesting to know is if the City is as stable as the Linea with the same size tyres as in the T-Jet. I know nothing is stopping Honda from 'tyreing' the City properly but since there is City v/s T-Jet comparo going on all over, I just thought making a apple to apple comparo would be interesting.

PS: I own a Punto and City and I tell you the City doesn't hold a candle to the Punto on high speed stability and handling.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    amit , can you elaborate it.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    yes i am irritated from head to toes due to negligence from fiat authorities. read somewhere in gone years fiat uno had the no.1 rank in highest booking record which is not yet broken. and such n such. now people dont even move thier eyes if they see "F" anywhere.
    fiat means pathetic service and poor resale. months and months of continues waiting period for spares. so why not frustration . right now my niggling issue is next to nothing but i expected from them to have a serious approach when customer raise a concern..and look nobody so far.
    thanks to the showroom/ dealer they were much concenred to sort it out. removed the seat and tried if they can do something but there is some manufacturing defect which makes it loose and rattle so needed replacement , and look where fiat is? they are neither sending spares nor responding to any mails nothing. to be clear i am definitly going on negative side of trust towards fiat.
    sometimes i feel they are going to finish up thier remaining stocks in godown and will packup soon enough from india..what say.
  10. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Friends,

I and one of my frnds wanted to purchase a car last year (June-2009). He is from armed forces and was getting CSD discounts for many cars. We test drove Honda City and both of us almost decided on it. the test drive was usually very short (typical honda type - Sir can not go long it is not allowed....) He needed it more urgently then me as I was still holding my ZEN and he had sold his 800 at tinsukia before being posted to Delhi. Finally all things together, he ordered City M at a CHD dealer. Dealer had a CSD car of his chosen color. On a Satruday we landed at CHD for a delivery on Sunday and drive back on Monday. There was lot of axn in CHD as we had to come to Ambala for some CSD formalities at CSD base depot and went back to CHD for car registeration. My friend was very tired and he dozed off on way back to Delhi. Now I had longest possible test drive of 250km from DEL-CHD.

I decided not to buy CITY for sure. The car is pathetic. Does not inspire confidence at all. EPS sucks. There is absolute disconnect between road and steering. It feels skidding. No doubt car looks good and well put up together but does not drive well.

I am almost 100% sure that I will like to touch 120+ on this car. Car sure lunges forward but steering and skid-feel pulls you down big time.

ABS motors in gurgaon offered me a long TD on NH 8 for GP mjd. I was cruising on 140 + on TD car and car was rock solid. My two kids were feeling happy in the car at those speeds and me feeling confident to observe them being happy despite being at wheels made me decide in favour of GP.

My experience with CITY ...... just wanted to share with you all.

PS- Punto and Linea were not available on CSD during those days. Now they are.