1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Auto up windows..!!

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by shivraj5624, Mar 27, 2012.

1. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, I have planned of installing auto up windows. ie: windows close automatically when the remote 'lock' is pressed.i want to install them in my Linea 2012 dynamic.
    i thought of doing it outside .so will this fitting hamper my warranty or should i go to the dealer for its installment ??
    Also suggest me whether to go for teflon coating,under body antirust,a good brand sunfilm(any code of sunfilm if you know).
  2. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi shivraj5624,
    I dont have an idea on installing the auto up windows.
    However on the other two here are my comments: I purchased PUNTO 1.3MJD EMOTION last week, when I asked for the under body coating the showroom guys said it is not needed for FIAT vehicles, also giving a coat might lead to issues related to heat dissipation, which makes sense, I felt.
    On the SUN CONTROL film, my PUNTO has got a GARWARE brand, however I personally feel that I should have asked my brother to get a 3M film work done. As I was not able to give him the prior info he went by the words of the SUN CONTROL FILM technician, and it does a pretty good job. There was a thread running in the forum related to SUN CONTROL films, I shall let u know if I get a chance to pull it over. U might need to check the % of heat reflection that the film would do and few other parameters which are associated with particular film.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Installing the after market auto up systems is definitely be avoided. It may land you in more trouble. This may void your warranty too.

Anti-rust treatment is not necessary. This is already done on your car in the factory itself.

Is there still teflon coating available? Even if so, avoid it. For sunfilms, go for 3M. CS/RE series.
  4. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    bro, i would suggest you go for an underbody antirust treatment. (infact i just suggested another forum member on the same :) )
    check the product from Germany called Wurth Stone Guard which is a rust-proof rubber-plastic coating that is sprayed onto your car's underbody which in turn assures you protection from rust corroding your car's underbod. Even 3M would do. Some TATA service centers have a tie up with wurth nd they do it for a charge and as far as dealers go they vary from brand to brand, usually they stock 3M stuff. i had gotten anti rust as a freebee from my dealer in the form of 3M. ..wasnt aware of wurth thn :(

for sunfilms go for brands such as 3M. ,LLumar or VKOOL. avoid garware, not sure on a personal experience but gathered the info from various online forumns..though the choice is yours :up

colour of the tint depends on the colour of your ride and your preference :)
    (but always go for an RTO certified one...i am talking in terms of visibility/transperancy )

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

and yes always check/ask for a certificate/ proper bill of such jobs coz at times you might be sold something else in a particular products name :(.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Forget the remote lock. Too many warranty hassles if anything goes wrong.

Teflon coatng & 3M underbody treatment is not required in my opinion, total waste of money.

For sunfilm's, i feel garware is a good brand and works really well. I have Garware installed on both City & Punto and I am very happy with them. ICE COOL is installed on the front windshield of both my cars. For the window's, I have no idea what they have installed!
  6. Anish_A

Anish_A

Bangalore
    Picked my 1. MJD a few weeks back. I also wante to do the auto up window option available in one of my friens Logan.

Checked with the same dealer and he tole me that it is not spossible for Punto as it requires him to cut some wires.
    There is no plug n play availabe socket yet.

So i wouldn't suggest auto up window option.

Sunfilms there are tons of variety. you can choose wat u like. The common ones are vkool n 3m

Anish
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Shivraj

Avoid auto up. Recently I read very sad news due to auto up feature.

One family went for shopping. While going inside shop they kept 2 month baby inside car.
    Owner locked car with remote. C lock had feature of auto up.

That idiot family forgot that their 2 month baby is slipping in car.

After 2 hr shopping they found that baby died due heat & suffocation.

If that car wouldn't have facility of auto up baby could survive
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Auto up can definitely be added on linea. Fiat doesnt void the warranty if its fitted with good principles of engineering, and we are very lucky that its written in the manual as well.

Make sure the installer doesnt cut any wire harness. Ask him to do everything in such a way that its plug and play. You get some modules from autocop etc which has the audible music option on lock unlock + if door is opened sirens blow + auto window roll up.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Amit bhai, how good/bad is operating the power window motor with the engine off? One school of thought says it's OK and others treat it as blasphemous. :confused
  10. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    i dont think it should be an issue as its just like an extension of Power window with delay feature :) (which is anyways a feature in newly launched models including Punto & Linea 2012 )

Well its just my logic ;) not sure about technicalities though :)