1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Auto Headlights and Wipers

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by kishanvkumar, Sep 24, 2014.

1. kishanvkumar

kishanvkumar Timido

Its just been a week with my lovely Tjet. On the first day the auto wipers and headlights seem to work fine. But from the 3 rd day, I find both the Auto headlight and Wipers are not working. Their manual counterparts are doing fine though. Not been able to find time to visit showroom or service. Just before that, wanted to know if I did some settings and disabled these (hard to believe these not working on third day :)). so folks let me know, if there are things i can look for at my place before taking to the service. The wiper is set on the 2 rectangle boxes and the headlight is set on the round box.
    Thanks for the help.
  2. Ranjeet

Ranjeet Novizio

Linea 1.4
    For auto wipers, it needed to be activated every time ignition is switched on by moving the knob position from auto to any other & then back to auto position.
    For auto headlamps, I am not sure if it is the same situation because I follow the practice of switching off lights by moving the knob to off position from auto. I'll let you know by confirming it.
  3. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    @kishanvkumar, As @Ranjeet mentioned for Auto wipers it needed to be activated every time ignition is switched on from auto to any other & then back to auto position.

For Auto headlamps, you do not have to do same way. Once you set it to Auto position, it should work.
    Please check in my car menu what setting you have for auto headlamps. Adjust its sensitivity setting and see it works or not.
  4. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Linea 1.3
    As MakeTheMove said, check the head lamps sentivity from the menu button on the right of dahboard. Use the same with engine off and key to MAR position. You can scroll to the various options by using + - button.
    Set the sensitivity to 4 for highly sensitive. It will turn lamps on early even when its bright outside. I usually keep it to 1.
    On addition to auto wipers you can push it forward once to activate it. Keep it on 2 boxes.

Visit FASS for abnormal behaviour of auto function
  5. kishanvkumar

kishanvkumar Timido

Thanks all. The auto headlights are working fine. I was keeping the knob at the off state instead of the A state. For wipers, it does sound a little wierd to have to set it every time the ignition is turned on !. Thanks all though.