1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Auto Clutch?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by avnsiva, Nov 29, 2013.

1. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Saw this link while searching google. http://www.cityclutch.com

Its a company based out of Gujarat. Claims that it can convert manual clutch to auto. Also claims 20 percent fuel savings. Have anyone tried/heard of this product?
    1 person likes this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    They are using the same basic principle as used in an "automated-manual" gearbox like the FIAT Dualogic or any of the Dual clutch transmissions. The actuator thing is going to replace your foot and will press the clutch pedal in/out as per accelerator input , rpms and speed etc while driving (That's how this thing works I reckon?). The red button will be the guillotine button and will de-clutch completely so you can shift gear.

The real deal will be the implementation. Hope they have tested their product really well. You don't want this unit going bad in any driving scenario. :confused:
    1 person likes this.
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    This product will be a boon to people who have hard clutch, my GP 1.4 is a real pain when changing gears as the clutch is very hard...no amount of bleeding, changing of plates and bearing has helped !!

any idea how much would this cost and has this been tested ?
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    exactly this same thing was my project for engg !! did it in a bike due to financial constraints !! everything depends on the ecu programming and actuator speed ... somebody from that place ask them for a demo .. ;)
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Interesting product. A boon for people who drive in very congested traffics. Any idea of the cost involved?