1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Austin Fiat,Kolkata

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by sandipan_r15, Dec 10, 2014.

1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FIAT has recently opened its second dealership in KOLKATA. And this time FIAT has tied up with people who have been in the automobile sector since 1938.Austin has a very good reputation in KOLKATA and hope they will carry their legacy with the FIAT dealership as well(my expectation).

LOCATION: Any car company can just dream of a dealership situated in such a place--literally at the heart of the city at DHARMATALA(Esplanade).Situated on one of the arterial roads--J L NEHRU ROAD.This premise house two dealerships of AUSTIN,side by side--FIAT & RE.The people coming to the RE showroom will have a automatic/mandatory footfall to the FIAT showroom.The showroom is little less in total area and frontage but the location is more than make up for that.
    Cleanliness & Ambience:Superbly clean and maintained & the ambience is also good.Though some chairs were old but I think these will be replaced as the transition to FIAT from HM has happened just a few weeks ago.

Staff:Well informed and have very good enthusiasm about the brand & the products.

Hope AUSTIN management with their more than 75 yrs of experience will start a new chapter(called success) for FIAT in KOLKATA.
    johy, VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  2. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @sandipan_r15 - I am at the cross road and I need your help.
    Presently there are 2 distributors in Kolkata - Garodia and the new one Austin Fiat.
    There is news in the market that Garodia is going to shut down - is it true? Today I wanted to TD Avventura in Garodia. But Garaodia told me there is no TD Avventura available. They also donot have any Avventura in stock also.
    Then I went to Austin Fiat - They gave me the TD . But then they are not accepting any new orders. You have to take cars which are in their stock. They are most probably closing down Fiat and coming with Renault.

Now what to do???
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think shutting down AUSTIN(FIAT) is not true.See, AUSTIN is among one of the only 4 dealers which have got the right to sell ABARTH 500 in INDIA.You may call the FIAT customer care regarding all your doubts.
  4. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @sandipan_r15 - What about Garodia ? Are they delivering the cars in time?
  5. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @Subhendusc

it seems austin fiat is trying to clear away the stocks before accepting new stocks, may be they have an issue with the inventory management.
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Or the dealer may owe a lot money to Fiat, and they may be restricted to sell stocked items first. Fiat cars are not selling or cars on inventory could not be sold by dealers? Chicken or egg first story. Stalemate positions. Sufferers are customer and gems of engineering i.e cars.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Subhendu,Lately GARODIA has improved a lot in servicing but can't tell about sales.Two of my friends bought GP from GARODIA but that was in 2013.
    Did you talk with the FIAT customer care 18002095556 regarding the issues?
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  8. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Booked Avventura Emotion yesterday. Totally excited.
    sandipan_r15 likes this.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Subhendu.Where did you book?I think it's AUSTIN.What was the deal you get?What is the colour?
  10. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @sandipan_r15 The colour is Red . I could not get the orange as it is not in their stock of AUSTIN. I hate to wait after making a decision. (Its my behavior).
    The deal is 80,000/- off the ex show room price + free rear parking sensor and floor mats. Insurance I will do myself thereby saving another approx 18000/- as i have no claim bonus (NCB) on my old car which I will transfer.
    Sandipan, waht do you think about the deal?
    sandipan_r15 likes this.