1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Austin Fiat,Kolkata

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by sandipan_r15, Nov 25, 2014.

1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Intro:FIAT INDIA has recently opened it's second dealership in KOLKATA in the form of AUSTIN FIAT.AUSTIN is a former HM & MITSHUBISHI dealer.They also owns a ROYAL ENFIEND and HYUNDAI dealership in KOLKATA.The dealership is located right at the heart of the city.

Their FASS is also located at a very convenient location juat beside AJC BOSE Road(173 AJC Bose road).Though I have not got 1st hand experience yet but spoke to them over phone and their dealings & interest to hear about the problem is certainly encouraging.

I have booked for a service on 08/12/2014 & will share my experience.Hope the experience will be good.

One of my friends(owns LINEA MJD)went there and he is impressed with their dealings.They are taking the customers to the service bay & showing the problem in person(as happened in case of my friend).Though there is some scarcity of spares as they have just started functioning.Keeping in mind decades old experience & reputation of AUSTIN we may hope for better days ahead.

Owners please shares your experience about the FASS of AUSTIN FIAT,Kolkata.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 25, 2014 ---
    Forgot to post the number for service booking.Call 8420189298 for service related issues.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    AUSTIN in KOLKATA has been in automobile business since 1938.Yes you read it right 1938.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Went to AUSTIN ws on 08/12.Location is superbly convenient just about 50 mtrs from the main(AJC BOSE) road.The compound is huge.It houses three workshops of;HYUNDAI,RE & FIAT--still there is place to parks to park more than 100 cars.The compound is really big.FIAT ws is not really ready rather work is on.I can safely say it is still weeks away from being fully ready/furnished.

But no problem in the other fronts which are related to mechanical works as it has been already a workshop for HM/MITSHUBISHI.
    Three washing bays are there and used for both HYUNDAI & FIAT.
    Staffs are extremely well behaved/polite & and quite confident that their employer will taste the success with the FIAT dealership.
    There is currently only one supervisor & that's a problem because more cars will choose AUSTIN ws over GARODIA due to location itself--attitude of the staffs will be an added bonus.
    Stock of spares is not up to the mark right now(I did not get the 3 pin diesel filter, and 2 rubber weather seals,right ORVM glass).But I hope all these things are initial glitches and will be sorted out n due course.
    For the time being who needs some odd spares better try GARODIA.

Superb location,infrastructure,good attitude will really make it easy for the success of AUSTIN as a workshop if they want to be.
    Ravi and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FREE CHECK UP CAMP

AUSTIN ws will arrange free check up camps from 26/02 to 28/02.
    OFFER--10% discount on parts,15% discount on labour,free winshield washer liq. bottle & surprise gift.

Got this message(also got a call) from AUSTIN yesterday.Contact--8420189298
    prabhjot and sathishgv like this.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Went to AUSTIN , KOLKATA yesterday to rectify the improper functioning of central locking.Problem was rectified--FRH door latch had to be replaced.
    It seems(sure should I say) that LINEA CLASSIC has got the permission for plying as regular AC taxi in KOLKATA.I saw six new White LINEA CLASSSICs in the AUSTIN WS and showroom.2 of of those are completely dressed up as taxis.Hope,will see many LINEA CLASSICS on Kolkata roads in future.

BTW service experience was pretty good at AUSTIN.
    prabhjot likes this.