1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aurangabad - Lonar route queries

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by vinit, Oct 12, 2016.

1. vinit

vinit Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Dear Friends,
    I am planning to do a road trip to Aurangabad and Lonar after Diwali. Need your valuable inputs on the road conditions. I wish to visit Ajanta, Ellora caves, Ghrushneshwar mandir, Daulatabad fort, Bibi ka maqabara, Paithan park and Lonar lake. I have 4 days at my disposal. (Can be stretched to 5 days). I will be very thankful to you, if you can guide about the route and itinerary to cover all these places. My priority is for good roads (4 lane with divider) rather than time. I am ready to cover more KMs rather than than saving them on potholed roads. :)
    P.S. Can I cover Shegav (Anand Sagar) also in this trip ?
  2. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Daulatabad Fort, Ellora caves and Ghrushneshwar can be covered in one day provided you arrive at the fort before 08:00 AM. The road beyond Baba Petrol Pump to the Mumbai highway is always prone to potholes.
    Bibi ka maqabara is basically a 1 hour visit and is in the city limits.Paithan road always tends to go bad but is a half day trip and advisable to be there in the evening.Ajanta is 100 KM from Aurangabad so an entire day. The road is good in most places except where the enroute cities intercept.Lonar is quite a drive.
    PM me if you need more information.
    pabhishek likes this.