1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Augusta - Leather and Art. Leather Upholstery Reviews

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by pammuluvcars, Apr 16, 2012.

?

What is your opinion on this thread?

1. Excellent

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Good

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. Ok

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Halo everyone. Anyone here has done August upholstery? They are mainly into making leather upholstery for sofa's and other furniture. They are also into car upholstery as well. Anyone here has experience? They do custom upholstery work. You can suggest a design pattern for your seats and they do it accordingly. When I visited their workshop (in JP Nagar 7th phase) there was a Beetle (new gen.) being done there. So I guess it must be good. If any one has any information, please share it here.

Augusta leather.

Waiting to hear from you guys.

Thank you in advance

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Augusta quoted 21000 for genuine leather (door pads and back pockets included)
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    21k with doorpads for Linea is cheap. Get the following information/confirmation from them.
    - Is it pure leather and if so whats the thickness?
    - It is not touch leather or so.

I got the leather upholstery done from Karlsson, Bangalore. I paid 30k for the 1.5mm scandinavian leather including door pads, gear, and hand brakes covered.
  3. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    It is not touch leather. For touch leather they gave 16500/- quote
    It is pure leather. Thickness .9 to 1 mm

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Pls help me decide. Which one i shud go for? Genuine leather complete or Touch leather?

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

They will remove the OE skin and stitch this to the seat body.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For a genuine leather of 0.9mm is still cheap for 21k. For best fitment, the OE seat covers has to be removed. If you have budget constraints, opt for Touch Leather. For this, it will be genuine leather on the fronts and art leathers at the back of the seats.
  5. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    I guess it is better to go for complete leather coz what if after few years the art thing wears out?
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yep. My choice would also be for the full leather. For Linea, single biege color would look elegant than multicolor seat covers. This is purely based on my preference :D.
  7. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Hmmm I thought a color combination wud look great :) Have you changed your stock upholstery ? Mine is Tuscan Wine, so you suggest beige?
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    More than the colour of the car dash and plastic should be the deciding factor for colour. IMO beige will not suite with grey and black inferior of the Punto.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sungoa, He is owning Linea and it has got Biege and Black interiors. Selecting Biege color would perfectly suit his car.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    That was my mistake. Thanks ram.
    @pammuluvcars: Please neglect my post.
    I have seen a linea with black leather seats in this forum. Don't remember whose car it was.