1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ::pP he must have been doing 180 odd to go like that..
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    TVM to Salem in 6 hours? Was it through NH7?
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, TVM- Nagarkovil - Madurai - Salem - Bangalore is my usual route nowadays. It saves lots of time and less risky if you drive during day time. At night all the Volvos and heavy trucks will be there to frighten you.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    My only concern with this route is the Trivandrum - Nagercoil stretch that will take about 2 hours if your timing is not right. Then you are left with only 4 hours to reach Salem.. Last December, I reached Bangalore from Nagercoil in 8.5 hours on a KPN Volvo.
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TVM-Nagercoil is doable in 1.5hrs if you are not lazy and can start early morning, maybe before 5am. I am lazy to wake up early and I take 2hrs most of the time due to traffic, once it took me 3 hrs !
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    something is wrong in my pc. So Iam unable to visit. Presently visiting from office pc
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For the last few weeks I did some research on tyre & prices in Bglore and TVM.

Size 195/65R15

Michelin Primacy LC - 5400/-
    Bridgestone Potenza GIII - size not available
    Bridgestone Turanza ER300 - 5250/-
    Bridgestone B250 - 5050 (4900 in TVM)
    Continental CPC2 - 4800/-
    Yokohama AVS ES100 - size not available.

Tried "jump-test" in CPC2 and LC side-by-side(since I got these together), LC just bends when put from a 2feet height, simple way to prove the softer sidewalls. Considering that I take my car on long unknown roads decided against LC. B250 is the one currently running in my car, so thought will try something different.

So there is lesser confusion, it has to be either Turanza or CPC2. Are the prices reasonable?. Which of the 2 is better?
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  8. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Turanza will be able to withstand the worst roads a bit better than the Contis. I have heard that the Contis braking performance is not very good

9. Please have TASS guy's remove the bumper and check the damage to rear end SIL, metal part on top of the SIL will take most of the hit.
    -Sat
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks soccerfan for your input, purse pulls towards Conti , also I remember reading about a Conti which lasted for 75000km which still had thread for another 25000. But my mind says Bridgestones are the only tyres built for Indian roads.