1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    re: Aug09 GP MJD 64000km report

Ask the qualis guy to pay for the damages. BTW some moron rear ended my Punto yesterday while it was parked in Oberon mall. Now there is a big dent below the rear FIAT logo :A . Any idea how much dent removal costs ?? Would it be better to get it done in TASC or any other service station
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

I checked out Pran's car. Nothing serious, some buffing and polishing should correct the issues.

soccerfan, denting and painting is where the cost can vary by over 300%. But matching the colour and finish would be the most important criterion. I feel tinkering and painting the boot should not be more than 2500/-
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

It was my fault, but then when I took the car to the side to have a look at the damage the Qualis did not stop. I had to chase him down to the traffic signal in front of Technopark and stopped my car 90 degree across the Qualis in NH, definitely not what I wanted to, but his attitude of who-cares triggered me. Stepped out of the car, to my surprise he asked me what happened !!! I reminded him of his Dad n Mom and with the little relief to the stress I stepped back into my car and drove away, police was already getting angry since I blocked the traffic.

@soccerfan: I would suggest you to go for TASC since they will be better equipped, and color matching is a major factor. If you have some previous experience outside it will be cheaper, but a bit risky since if the color doesn't match the person will be at a loss repainting the entire stuff which he cant afford, 100ml paint cost around 400/-, but the TASC can very well handle such situations.

@roy: I checked yours too, compared to that mine cannot be considered as a damage. I strongly recommend a change of house for you ::T
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

Aah the latest one is not from my house. It was caused by a school bus trying to squeeze through. :irked
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    45000kms and its time for the 1st paid service. Since I am new to Bangalore TFI was the only source to look for some SC reviews and as many suggested going with Concorde motors, Dairy circle. Called them up and booked for a pickup on Thursday. I hate to give my car to these careless SC drivers but I cant help it, hope my car is in safe hands.

Current state of the car and experience:
    - Seeing more smoke from 2000rpm. Nowadays rarely my car gets heated up to the optimum temperature, so cant blame anyone for the smoke.
    - Drop in mileage from 15-16 in city to 13-14. Come on, the optimum temperature gives max mileage so no complaints. Now a tank full is all that I need a month.
    - Front lower grill just came out of its lock. Had a mild hit with a Linea while the stupid valet parking fellow reversed without having a look behind and I was sitting in my car and honking. I am not sure if the lock is broken, hope its not.
    - Rear bumper jumped out of one lock when a Qualis hit from behind. Side effect of good braking in Punto.
    - Bumper has some patches. Contribution from my part, at < 5km/hr while parking kissed a very rough wall and small patches of paint is gone. Will check if touching will cost me a bomb, if not will get it done.
    - Quarter glass corner plastic is broken. Thanks to the car wash guy, he managed to take it out the very 1st day I appointed him to wash my car.
    - Rattle from front left door. I feel the tweeter has come out of the jugad fitting done when I replaced the speakers
    - Squeaking sound from door hinge. OK, its 15000 kms since my car last visited a SC.
    - Some sound like a plastic cup is hit if I am a bit faster on the synthetic and disturbing humps on the way to my office
    - Tires have reached the legal limit, yet to decide whether to go for 15" with new alloys or with Linea rims. Did not get a Linea rim so far so my purse is expecting some deep excavation. I might even go for a 100 PCD with wobble bolts, am getting fed up of searching for the 98 PCDs !!. This is the only thing I am angry with Fiat :(

On the experience side, in the past 2.5 months my car never saw more than 80kmph, its just soooo sad. The last long drive was in March from Trivandrum to Bangalore which was done in 9hrs, the second time. Except for the regular alignment check at 5000km nothing has been done, but I do check the fluid levels atleast once a month.

So its been a trouble free, tension free life with Fiat so far. Hope Concorde motors give me a trouble free service as well.
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Come on Pran, visit us more often. Remember you need to collect toll receipts for avoiding more excavations into the purse :p
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Definitely Roy, I am planning something this weekend or the next, was waiting for the 45k to appear on the odo, get my car serviced and then go for a long drive so that I have peace of mind. Something within stops me from taking long drives when the next visit to SC is nearby ever since I started driving.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday was eventful and I got my car serviced.
    Reached office early assuming that the pickup guy might come on the right time. No calls for the address to pick the car till 9. Decided to call up the SC and someone picked up the phone as said the SC will open in 5 to 10 minutes. By then I was sure no one was coming to pick my car and decided to take the help of my new MapMyIndia navigator which was bought day before. Navigator did its job to perfection and reached the service centre by 9.30. Walked into the service centre and said to the ladies standing there regarding my booking for pick up and the service. All 3 of them jumps into the papers and starts hunting. After 5 minutes of hunting all looks up and say, Sir, you have not made a booking, but its ok we can take your car for service !. No comments.

I was asked to wait in the lounge which was pretty dirty and was smelling bad too. May be I am spoilt by the good a/c sparkling lounge at Kulathungal and Mohandas motors Trivandrum. After 10 minutes the SA comes looking for me and I guided him to the my car. All my issues mentioned above was noted down by him patiently. Had a detailed look around my car, advised me not to keep any valuables in the car and even took out the car charger and handed out to me. I pointed to the TFI sticker behind my car and said not to stick the Concorde sticker on top of it or anywhere on my car, my intention was just to highlight that I am a TFI member. But the poor guy was no idea of TFI and I asked him how long he is working there for which he said 2 months. I was least bothered(from the past experiences) since the SA is not the one who actually does the job. Then I explained to him what TFI is hoping he will be careful with my car. He said that there are already 14 Fiat cars for service and he will not be able to give the car the same day. I said I want it by evening 5.30 and I will be in the SC by 5.30 waiting for the bills(I am so rude) ;) .He said he will try. The estimate was given as 7000/- and when asked to change the wiper it was corrected at 8100/-

Went back to the reception ladies and asked for drop facility. She asked whether it was booked service and started to searching my name in the list again. Found it !!. But that was for Friday, which was what I was offered while booking, but I wanted to get it done on Thrusday and was agreed up, but was not recorded properly. Then the next question was when was the car bought and then came the question,from where for which I replied TVM and all ladies were staring at each other. Is something really wrong with TVM for Bgloreans?. After some secretive discussion they agreed for dropping me at my office in my car. I said thank you very much I and took an auto for office. Already the SA was not sure whether he can return my car today and I dint want to waste 2 hrs to drop me.

I called up by 3pm for status and the car was still not took for service, I replied saying its ok the service and the issues can be fixed in 2 hrs, and I will be there by 5.30. By 5.30 he calls and says the car is ready and since it is raining heavily washing cannot be done. Washing can be done anywhere so I was least bothered. 2 items could not be resolved, the plastic piece at the corner of quarter glass was not available and the rear bumper cannot be fixed back which I suspect was not done due to lack of time. Its raining in Bangalore and I badly wanted to get the quarter glass plastic fixed since it might allow the water to flow in.

Reached SC by 6.30, come on it was raining, and I dont have a car to keep my time ;). The auto I hired broke down on the way when it was raining and i had to walk for about 30minutes from there to reach the SC. At SC called the SA, he came and showed me the car. The visible stuffs were:
    1. The front grill is fixed. Back to normal
    2. Rattling in the FL door fixed. My guess was wrong, some electrical component was hitting the door pad and its was properly packed, I was shown the packing by removing the power window switch panel. Its perfectly done.
    3. Wiper blades changed.
    4. Door hinge sound gone.

Showed me the bill, 7880/- of which 6000/- was cost of parts replaced. Gave me a washing coupon which I can use for a free wash when I have time and he suggested to come between 3-4pm when the rush will be lesser in the washing department. Paid the bill and just signed the feedback form as usual. After sometime he asked what I do, may be he noticed my ID card which he might have found interesting, and asked for more details about TFI. Had a 1000 words to say, but restricted to 5 minutes of lecture on what happens at TFI.

Finished the talking part and walked to my car, started it and :). Engine is smoother now, it stopped growling as it was doing since the past few months. Stood on the accelerator and looked behind, no smoke either :). Shifted to first gear and releases the clutch without throttle, moves faster now. After 2 minutes of drive I can definitely can feel the engine breathing better. Ok its all :) :) :) :) :). I dont care about the wash and the lounge. My cars heart is in good condition now.

So my verdict, Concorde is a good place to get your service done, be ready to compromise on other stuffs like lounge, response from reception, etc.
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    that is brilliant one..!!!!

my best wishes for miles ahead.
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Returned after a 1440km drive over the weekend to my native. Did Trivandrum to Salem (620km) in 6hrs, and Salem to Bangalore(200km) in 4hrs. Mileage from TVM to Salem : 14.5 kmpl and from Salem to Bangalore : 21.5 kmpl.

When cruising at 140kmph there were some uneven surface like humps and dips and the car scrapped the engine guard, this definitely is a dangerous situation. Now there is nothing stopping me from a 195 65/15 upsize, I need better ground clearance.

While at 160kmph felt something was approaching me from behind, looked into the RVM and there was a Fortuner approaching me like its gonna eat me up, by the time my brain send signals to give way for the monster it was already 10 feet in front of me. Its true that when you have the power it shows.

Car is really dirty now and I have to use the free wash voucher given during my service at Concorde.