1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @Pran the 'Mood Swing' indicated battery problem, specially if it is little old, say more than 2 years or so. However strange that no one could find the fault.
    Good that finally it all sorted out and its running fine.

On another note, now your 'PuntoKuttan' deserve some of your skills on photography :).
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    @prabhjot Thanks. TFI is where I started writing long essays, so if you find my writing interesting its thanks to TFI ;)

@Ravi Mostly I have seen our friends here report ABS or Airbag errors when the battery is weak. Even I have experienced it during the 1st battery replacement. So I was expecting the same error for weak battery but that didnt happen. Yes the battery was 2.5 years old, hmm, I am still confused on the life of a battery, 3 years was the life of a car battery in the early 90s, its still the same. Is the battery technology so outdated?:rage:

Well, I should mention that 14km/l was what our 1968 model Premier Padmini also returned as mileage, so where is the improved fuel efficiency that manufacturers claim (Off-topic :p)

As i have mentioned earlier for some reason (call me superstitious ) whenever a pic of my vehicle is posted I am inviting trouble for my vehicle. It holds true from my Yezdi days, Petra days and now the Punto days. So sorry I cant, but I will keep posting updates and hopefully for some TFI meet you have my car in front of your eyes :)
    varunrtr, prabhjot and Ravi like this.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

BTW how is the running average of the sporty boy in your family ?Still you managed to cover 1.4 lakhs on your car woow. Another factor that could have attributed for bottom scraping could be the weaker suspension. Anyways since it is being driven more by your wife, going for a GC upgrade is a wise decision. Did you feel any difference in power /mileage after the EGR cleaning ?