1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Nice ownership thread Prans. Congrats on your 1L km coverage.

And @Rajan, your Linea looks awesome for the simplest exterior maintenance you do. About the B-pillar blackening, is it the stock vinyl (or vinyl at all?)? I'm tired of cleaning the matt finish vinyl in my Punto and not interested in the carbon stickers as well. Want a glossy one which won't fade so easily. Suggestions please.
    1 person likes this.
  2. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    gone through the entire thread, very interesting and inspiring. happy driving.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  4. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well said Pran, its just a moment of pride when you drive clean tidy punto......... that too RED MJD. I park the car and stare it for a while :D. You can think of stickers which can hide the minor dents. can save your bill bit ......
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bangalore -> Mumbai -> Jaisalmer -> Jodhpur -> Udaipur -> Mumbai -> Bangalore

My Punto was on a Honeymoon drive with my brother and his better half covering Bangalore -> Mumbai -> Jaisalmer -> Jodhpur -> Udaipur -> Mumbai -> Bangalore.

My worries about Michelein tyre bulge resulted in buying the trusted Bridgestone Turanza ER300. Looked like luck was not favourable when the tyre bulged in the Mumbai-Pune Expressway when the outside temp was 38C. The reason could be because of the varying temp when the tyre was over inflated one cold morning when all the tyres looked low in pressure.

My bro was actually excited to see a flat tyre since he was getting bored of the realiability of Punto all through the trip. Replaced with the spare wheel which was the stock 175/70R14 others being 195/65R15 he visited the nearest tyre shop in Pune. Tyre man comes with a ER300 and starts fitting it. Bro notices there are no "new pins" around the tyre and stops him. Tyre man says its a used one and costs 1500/-, surprised at the new-like tyre my bro had to confirm the price again. Lucky I should say, it simply matches the condition of the other tyres.

Reaching back we were discussing about replacing my Punto and my bro says "This Punto is such a dependable vehicle, why do you want to sell it". The next second we changed the topic and started discussing about where to have dinner.

Odo reads 1,15,300 as of today. :redcar
    11 people like this.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Pran your odo is running too fast . FIAT launch the 1.6 MJD fast so that it will be an inspiration for Pran & his brother for an upgradation.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1.6MJD Punto...Fiatians...We wish, We dream and Fiat will make sure our dreams are shattered :D.

To be frank after driving few Mercs (E270, E350, C220 and C250) for long and short drives I feel 120-130kmph is still my comfortable speed and 1.3MJD does that comfortably. Now for me an upgrade would look like dual zone climate control, rear ac vents and automatic. I dream too much :D
    3 people like this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My car goes to KHT SC for the 1,20,000km service at 1,22,500km, life is simply getting hectic-er and time is at a super-premium than I ever imagined !!!

Points to be attended (got a call sometime back so updated the status as well):
    1. 1,20,000km service
    2. Vibration while braking, more prominent at higher speeds - Brake pad needs replacement
    3. Check the rear brake shoe, don't remember replacing it yet !! - Brake liner has to be replaced and costs 6K
    4. Replace front and rear wiper blades - will be replaced
    5. Replace all radio buttons and volume knob (paint peeled off) - This cant be done since it comes as a set with the player and it costs 36K!!!
    6. Replace Front left ac vent
    7. Fix the loose rear right reflector
    8. Air flow from the fan is less, probably a blocked pollen filter
    9. Glow plug warning - one glow plug to be replaced
    10.Check front left parking light

SA (Bharath) suggested engine flush (700/-), never done it so just thought of trying it.

As always these issues goes via email to the official email addresses of KHT and slot booking done for today via email.

Damages during the period.
    Wife flew the car over a hump, running board damaged from underneath just behind the front wheel
    Brother missed a pillar while reversing, bottom right corner of the boot lid and the neighboring panel slightly damaged.
    Steering wheel showing signs of aging, a leather wrapped steering wheel on the cards. Heard Stanley charges 4K, doubt if a stock leather wrapped steering costs that much :p

No broken or falling off plastics, engine is still alive, no unwanted rattles other than the coins and sun glasses lying around speaking to itself
    3 people like this.