1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This would be the case most of the times. I have noticed this while driving through few villages as well. People try to create a havoc for a small incident and tend to extract money. Once while driving to Talakadu (Off Mysore road), a Getz fellow faced a bad situation. Around 30-40 people surrounded him. Imagine the situation in case if one is driving with family! It was a learning for me as well. Always shall slow down to speeds of below 40 kmph while driving through these village limits to have reaction time. Any creature might land in your path from no where
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have noticed that this is a common sight north of MH region throughout the trip.
    And just noticed that I am not the only one who cant spell buffalo properly :D
    2 people like this.
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    92137 kms and my car is in KHT motors for the 90k service, yea, looks like I am late, but my last authorized service was at 78k, so am early, and I did an unauthorized service at 80k as well ;)
    Job card reads:
    1. 90K service
    2. Check glow plug error - The ignition coil light starts blinking after the engine is started and the error message "check glow plug" is displayed for few seconds
    3. Check all lights - front left and rear right park lights are not working
    4. Replace clutch kit - gear shifts are tight now, Jayakrishna pointed this out during the last visit. Checked with a Punto parked next to my car today and was convinced that my clutch is worn out, may be completely. Dint want to be in a car which does not allow me to shift in my way to hometown.
    5. Check all suspension - some minor rattling sound on some "permanent" rough patches on my way to office. Not heard it anywhere :evilsmile
    6. Clean paint marks on plastics - after the hood repainting the plastics around it was not cleaned properly. It should have been covered in the 1st place and no paint should fall on it, but then it fell. So this has to be cleaned.

Estimate 15700/-

Wrote engine flushing without asking me, I might have agreed had the SA asked me, but a big NO for trying to force this on me.:punch

Standing instruction given to them : Time is not an issue, perfect job is what I expect. Tommorow evening is the expected delivery.
    4 people like this.
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Storry guys for the delayed update :p. Got my car back after service on 06Apr2013.
    1. Done. Engine feels a little silent, may be just feeling :)
    2. 2 glow plug replaced - error gone, but no difference felt because of that
    3. Fixed. All error cleared now, no orange light now.
    4. Done. Ok this has made a huge difference. The clutch feels like a swing now (let me exaggerate a bit ), very free and easy on my left leg. The "valid" clutch part is now somewhere near the middle portion of the clutch travel, unlike earlier where the "valid" clutch was at the bottom end. Gear shifts at the gear lever is a bit smoother now, but not as smooth as I found in a 2012 Punto, am I asking too much :p
    5. Nothing found
    6. Done
    Engine C mount was found to be faulting and replaced.
    And finally got some discounts on the bill:dancing, thanks to Suresh (GM) at KHT
    Damage : 18,413/- Now please dont go shouting around at this figure, the car is doing its job, and for me its normal at 93k km, when you get old you have to visit a doctor frequently.

bill1.jpg

bill2.jpg
    4 people like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Timing chain kit replaced, EGR cleaned

Better to give up trying to break records and in the process end up in a break down, decided peace of mind and reliability is more important that trying to prove something, dropped my Punto at KHT yesterday for the following:
    1. Replace the timing chain kit
    2. Clean EGR

Got back the car today with both done, engine note feels a lot more pleasant and better in gear acceleration. Damage 15,000/-, will upload the bill day after.

Water pump was found to be faulty(leak), extended warranty will take care of it, waiting for the parts to arrive with a temporary jugad fix for the time being.

Tyre replacement will happen this week, and Bridgestone it will be, no experiments this time :cool
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    good to know that your punto is hale and hearty again :)
    going for 195/65 again or 195/60 this time?
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    195/65 again, for peace of mind, no engine guard kissing the ground, naughty guard :p
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bridgestone Turanza ER300 it is

After multiple calls and going through different review I zeroed in on ER300.
    Cost per tyre came to 5650/-, looks like the best deal in Banglore when contacted over phone to multiple tyre shops.
    Reliance autozones price was 5800/- and a buy back price of 150/- per tyre, considering the distance to cover finalized to visit the nearest Bridgestone Select showroom.
    6 year warranty, something which I dont believe when it comes to tyres, still pleasing :)

Everybody offers free alignment and balancing. An offer was running till yesterday wherein on purchase of 4 tyres a United Colors of Benetton watch comes free, managed to catch hold of that as well.

After effect
    1. Steering feels really lighter - quiet normal when you change from a worn out tyre to a new tyre
    2. Rolling resistance seems to have significantly gone down - reason above
    3. The loud growl of the tyre no longer exists - living with this since I switched to CPC2, its the ER300 effect
    4. And the BIG difference - tyre eats up most of the pot holes, all COMFORT it is

Turanza ER300 ki jai!!!! :up:dance
    4 people like this.