1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Here are a few picks from the garage. I find sharing google albums easier, hope its fine :)

https://plus.google.com/photos/1013...s/5827049925407905265?authkey=CJT6vuvps5qg1AE

@Shams: I just installed my 4th set of brake pads, so looks like I am running on metal brakes longer than I thought :p

O wow!! Hearty congrats!! How about TFI meet in Lucknow :)
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    thanks a lot :) i 'll be there just for one day.. meet location can be my marriage venue ;)
    whats the date of your friend's marriage
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its in Feb, I think 7th
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Aug09 GP MJD 80,000km report

Ah! CONGRATULATIONS shams. I didn't know this earlier.

And welcome to the club. :)
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    thanks a lot Ramesh :) infact this is the first time i posted about it on tfi :)

Pran, sorry for hijacking your thread!!
    1 person likes this.
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I take the credit for forcing this news out of you :D
    1 person likes this.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Pran it could be that your's being the old design model, price was on the higher side as Shams had written. From what I read from the brake pads thread I assume that the older model brake pads are available in cheaper price locally & hence you got it for a cheaper price. They might have got the rotor from TASS for Rs 2500 & they charged you 2600 . ;) . I am not sure whether there is a change in rotor design too from the previous model . But 950 Rs labor charge for the entire work seems to be ok for me . Pran I can assure you that you don't have to worry about the genuinity of parts used. I was a regular customer there for 2-3 yrs & I never had any issue with them . Well for the price we need to check with the local shops as well. Did you check out what make was the brake rotor ?Sometimes it could be a different brand other than what TASS is supplying.Maybe a genuoine brand like Bosh would also be supplying the same & the price could be on the higher side. Hey I am not trying to support the garage. I am just trying to find out what could be the reason for the higher price.

BTW my dear Shams a Biiiggg CONGRATS to you.:up
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Re: Aug09 GP MJD 80,000km report

Enna villathanam.

Could be Cinju. I enquired in another shop in Chennai and I was quoted 3000 for rotors which are imported. Even for pads they had two versions one at 1300 and another one at 3300.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Pran Bhai

air filter at 690 is very expensive. You can buy the Vista/mazha QJD filter which is the same as of Punto from any spareparts shop and costs around 390 rs. Oil filter from Swift diesel can be used. Costs around 150 rs.
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks like our national engine has too many options that if we spend a little time doing research on the prices in different locations for different models we can maintain our cars for much much cheaper price.

150 for oil filter :O, I paid somewhere around 300-400/-