1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    re: Aug09 GP MJD 64000km report

@Bala : break up of my bill

Selenia WR 5W40 Engine oil 3.2ltr => 1846/-
    Air filter => 252/-
    Oil filter => 329/-
    Fuel filter => 1748/-
    Wheel weights => 135/-
    VAT => 538/-
    Total => 4856/-
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Sorry for the back to back posts, thought my 1st post was unsuccessful.
    Well, my GP seems to be having a bad time, yesterday the lady watering the plants near my office building managed to pull the water hose over the bonnet and leave scratches all over the bonet :A . So the cat and the gardener has managed to evenly spread out scratches on my hood. I used to stop and blow horn most of the days when I was about to run on top of the hose and damage it, she has given me this, now no more stopping. :firey
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Oh bad, but these are part of life, nothing can be done.
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Replaced the brake pads today, I was surprised to see the old ones, it was just the metal, no rubber what so ever. Someone else in TFI too found that the brake pads were replaced when no sign of rubber was there. I would recommend to all those who have done 15k km to have a close watch on their brake pad every 5k km. It simply don't last till 30k km and we really don't know when the rubber is completely worn off, the brake just works as normal, not even any sound of metal rubbing each other. The disc will be damaged if brakes are used after the pads have completely worn out and the damage will be huge.

After replacement the braking distance has increased significantly. I believe its something to do with the initial run-in for the new pads.

Bill - 2760/- including 250/- labour.
  5. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida

great review! i enjoyed reading it :)
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

1st rattle in my car, and the reason, good speakers !!
    Some rattles have started to appear from the rear door when I keep the volume above 12 and the song has strong thumping beats accompanied by a good base. I made a real close observation and found that it is coming from somewhere near the outside door handle. When pull the handle slowly the sound increases. I feel it is the central locking rod that is hitting against some metal inside the door. Went back to the guy who fitted the speakers and he recommended damping which I felt was not required since the sound was because of some metal part hitting each other. I have to visit the SC and fix it to enjoy music real loud !!. My optimum volume level is 10 but then I have to blast sometimes too ::V
  7. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum

I have a suspicion that brake pads might not be of premium quality (locally sourced). Also, Punto & Linea are heavy and can cause it to wear fast. My front wheel covers are covered with brake dust while the rear ones are very clean. Its prudent to check consumables like oil, brake pads, filters etc.

So decided on tyres, alloys? I am waiting for the stock tyres to wear out. But they look brand new :lol:
  8. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

thats the same in all cars which are equipped with front disc brakes only. Front pad wears out and the brake dust gets deposited in rims
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Did my Goa trip and experience and pics available here : http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=939

After the trip these are some issues I faced
    1. Lots of scratches and a dent in the engine guard, nothing serious though
    2. Leftwards pulling, alignment needs to be done, thanks to the horrible roads.
    3. Car is dirty :)
    4. Due to some good stretches in the ghats which was covered in 80km/hr speed the inner threads of both the front tyres are almost shaved off.
    5. Rattling from the steering unit reappeared,thanks to the bad roads. This was present when I took delivery of the car and was fixed then.

Visited Mohandas motors 2 days back and sorted out the issues.
    1. Nothing serious
    2. Alignment done and is steady straight
    3. Washed ;)
    4. Tyre rotation done front<->back. Felt front needs better grip.
    5. Fixed, back to showroom condition, silent as ever.

To do
    1. Forgot the rattling from door lock when the music is at high volume. Will be fixed soon.
    2. The rear door beading has rust inside, as reported by some others. No stock, asked the SA to place an order and give me the order number, could not follow up.

Its 37000km now

Keep driving, drive safe !
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Hey Pran what was the reason for rattle from steering??