1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    80,210km on odo as of today morning, nothing much happened after the last service, sooo boringly reliable :)

Got shelled by the price of fuel at a Shell outlet, 64/- per liter of "diesel". I always knew it was expensive, but did not expect it to be more than 5/-, and I did a full tank as always :O

Just like a common cold that came and went away (like my bro put it), the mileage issue looks like it has sorted out by itself, atleast in the city, its returning 14.5 to 15.5km/l in the last 2 tank fills. My office commute has sky rocketed from 2km to 16km now so am happy at the better figures :). A long drive is due this month end.

Few sqeeks here and there from the door pads when going through really bad roads, dont want to touch the door pads and make it worse.

Tyre condition : looks like the CPC2 will not last another 10k, done 33,000km so far on this tyre, highly "unrecommended" if you are looking for grip and comfort.

After seeing the "EGR cleaning" thread I think this is something which needs to be done.

Tried RaceDynamics tuning box on my car and was really impressed. The E (economy) mode made me feel like snail, the N (normal) mode did nothing and the P(performance) mode made my car fly, in the process I scared someone sitting at the rear. Sounds like the DNA in Alfa Romeo :p
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :) I was wondering why, except few, there are hardly any updates on ownership section.
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ravi, that is the sad part, we dont come out in the forums unless there is some problem the world should know :wink:. Can you please update the thread as 80,000km.
    1 person likes this.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Happy to know that your Punto is goinf rock solid even after 80k on the odo! :clap Are you still using Race Dynamics tuning ?? Can you share your experience with little more in detail please?
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :) You got me wrong, I said "Tried". Somehow I didn't feel it makes any difference for my usage in city where there is no scope for spirited driving, or on the 4lane highways where I dont see any issue overtaking. Tuning boxes are best suited for 2 lane highways where you get the power surge to get into the small gaps while overtaking. On a long 600km stretch of 4 lane highways there is no need of sudden power surge it serves little.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Pran if you have the proper set of allen keys & screwdriver, there is nothing wrong in taking the door pads out & fixing the issue. But yes don't make it worse by asking the service centre to do so :) (not all service centre spoils it). I have re fixed my car's door pad 3-4 times & there is no issue at all. I can provide you the set of tools if you are coming down to Tvm & "have enough free time ". ;)
    5 people like this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's nice my mate. :)

If ever you happen to take the door panels out again, kindly take some pics and write a DIY for us all. Time permitting ofcourse!
    2 people like this.
  8. tganesh

tganesh Amatore

Udupi, Karnataka
    Yes, I second this. In fact I did a front door speaker upgrade DIY two weeks back and also rectified few minor rattles myself. :)
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    2 km to 16km?.. I guess that could explain your poor FE issue. You need to travel minimum 8-10 km non stop to get reasonable FE.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Gurjinder I'll definitely try to post a DIY pic soon. ( I am not good in writing DIY stuff :) ).