1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Ravi, I was not sure if I should duplicate the same post in different threads. Anyway I am glad it has opened few eyes and hope it works out to be beneficial for all.

Update from SC, my car is waiting for the insurance people to inspect the vehicle before approving for the compressor to be changed under extended warranty.
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Inspection was done last Friday and part has arrived today. Expecting my car to be ready by this weekend after the work to sort out mileage issues are done. Khan keeps me updating on each and every proceedings happening at the SC.
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got my car back last Thursday. The AC compressor cost was mentioned as 22000/-, lucky that I had extended warranty. I was told nothing was to be done for mileage issues, everything looks fine. I was shown 16.5km/l for 60km test drive they did. Happy to see those figures took the car.
    Last few days my eyes were closely monitoring the km/l figures. In city its 12.7km/l.
    Did a long drive on a toll-free and hump-free route from KR Puram to Kolar 2 times, maintaining a constant speed of 95 to 100km/hr, measured the distance using my GPS and followed the tankfull method. 164km 10.2 litres of diesel, comes to 16km/l
    What do you guys say, I believe this is not normal :(
    1 person likes this.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I don't think it's normal Pran - For the speeds you had mentioned you should get anywhere between 19-20 Kmpl easily. Why don't you keep a Tab on Instantaneous consumption as well and see where is it consuming lot? The worst mileage I've ever recorded is 14.5 within City and heavy idling, So you need to really check what is wrong here
  5. You might have paid 7.5 lakhs for car selling it at the end of 3-4 years is not going to make sense as resale value will be low and the engine block of this car is capable of running 6-7 lakh kms clutch and timing chain may need little frequent attention.

You can get the car serviced by out side mechanic too, think about it .
    -Sat
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Pran what you can do is connect an EBD scanner & take out the values & compare it with some one else's . Also have a close look on the RPM @ a certain speed & compare it with another punto. Do you feel any chance of clutch issue ? A side by side comparison may sometimes help you to conclude something.
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @teky : will keep a note of that from now on, but mostly my city drive rpm varies from 1200 to 1600, so its not on the higher side.
    @Sat : Its 3 yrs with my car now, another 3 yrs will mean a total of 6 years, but no plans to sell this off for the time being :)
    @Cinju : clutch feels fine to me. Drove a Swift 2 weeks back, compared to that mine is butter smooth, but a little harder compared to a new Punto, but that is acceptable is what I feel.

Everyone : I am attaching the scan report which was done 2 months back at Bosch, again for mileage issue diagnosis.

report1.jpg

report2.jpg

report3.jpg

report4.jpg
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2 months!!!!..its too long a time for an update. So lots of story to tell :)

My car clocked 75000km by begining of August, kept waiting till the last week of August for the 2 week vacation to Kerala before which I was planning to get my car serviced. Called up Concorde and gosh...no slots till 28Aug2012, I wanted to travel by 25th. Explained my cars state and the lady (Lavanya) from Concorde was fine with me covering additional 2000km (estimated distance covered during my vacation) without any warranty going void.

Back on 10Sep2012 after my holidays, odo reads 77200km. South India TFI meet on 15th and I cant drive anymore without servicing my vehicle.

Gave my Punto for service yesterday with few issues to be sorted out as well
    1. 75k service
    2. Noise from the front when running over potholes
    3. Noise from the steering when parked and turned, including a feel of something rubbing
    4. Noise from rear left, noticed a leak in the rear suspension while doing alignment check
    5. Car pulling towards left while braking.
    6. Left headlamp dim not working.

As always Khan is my SA, looked at the car and gave me an estimate.
    Reason for point 3 was immediately shown to me (shows his experince and expertise), right mount is faulty. I can feel the coil spring vibrating while turning the steering on the right, left is fine. I was told that the mount design was changed and now it comes with a protection cap to prevent this issue. - 3700/- + 300/- for adding the protection cap for the lhs mount
    Replacing rear left strut - 2600/-
    Consumables - 5200/-
    Labour - 2500/-

Total estimate = 14300/-
    For the amount of miles covered and the condition of roads I was driving in Kerala for 2 weeks I cant complaing about the bill.

Standing instruction given, no noise after service from the front, fix everything before something breaks.

Khan calls me at 7pm yesterday and says both the link rods needs replacement, could be the reason for point 2.

Now the estimate climbs to 19000/-

For the amount of satisfaction my car gives me while driving I cant complain about the bills.

I am trying to realise another point the hard way, my car now will return a FE of 2km less on all conditions. But still hoping it gets fixed after the service. Khan adviced that the ageing clutch could result in lesser mileage, but its not time to be replaced, so live with it, I accept his advice.

Another replacement in queue is the brake disc and pads within the next 5000 - 7000km.

Eagerly waiting to get back my car and fly to OOTY for the Grand South India Meet with my Punto in mint condition !
    2 people like this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    75,000 kms on ODO!!! Wow! Congratulations buddy!

"For the amount of satisfaction my car gives me while driving I cant complain about the bills" - Very well said! Totally agree!
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have you noticed epicenters thread...hes covered double the distance :)

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

My Punto is ready after a "major" service but was not able to take it today, will take delivery tomorrow ASAP and start for Ooty at the earliest :dance Just can wait to meet all of you guys!!
    The bill has come out to be 19000/-
    1 person likes this.