1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Pran, that is quite a handful of issues. Hope you get it all sorted out soon.
    Any chance for making it to the TFI meet at Cochin on 6 May?
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, that is a big list, waiting for a confirmation from KHT motors on the availability of parts.
    I am in Kerala mid of April, so I cant see any possibility of attending the TFI Kerala meet, unless I can find some excuse for another visit to Kerala ;)
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    There you go. TFI Kerala meet, That is your excuse. :p
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Updates on my visit to KHT for the following issues
    1. At 60,000km service the belts (steering belt, alternator belt??) that need to be changed was not done (at Concorde, Dairy Cirlce) due to non-availability of parts. During my last visit to KHT motors I was told that parts are available but need a days time, was too busy then to leave my car for a day.
    DONE

2. Mileage dropped to ~11km/l ( for a diesel !) in city no matter how light I am on my accelerator, used to be 13-14km/l in city. Cleaning the air-filter could be a solution, may be there is something else as well.
    NO CHANGE, looks like more work is required

3. Rear bumper needs minor re-aligning, got 2 hits from rear by a bike and a qualis, when fully loaded I can hear some noise from the rear, may be the tyre rubbing the plastic on the wheel well.
    DONE, but NOT from KHT, they gave an estimate of 3000/-, got it done from Castrol Pitsstop for 250/-. Bodyshop loots us in all SCs.

4. During my last visit to KHT it was noticed that the FL tyre do not rotate freely, may be this is contributing to the lesser mileage.
    SA recommended to change the calipers, which cost somethign around 10k, but then later decided to try chanign the caliper pin alone. Didnt work, now it needs more investigation, another visit in the chart.

5. Rattling from the FL door, looks like its the tweeter gone loose.
    Still rattling

6. Plastic on front right quarter glass missing, would need a part.
    FIXED

7. Front lower grill jumped out at top portion, its not coming out or going in, need to be fixed.
    FIXED

8. Broken seat height adjuster, would need a replacement part.
    The entire kit need to be replaced, just stayed away from it since the seat is fixed for my height anyway :p

The rear shock had leak so it was replaced, the bill came to 6000/-

The CSC was found to be still plastic, replaced it. I was told 2 years back at Kulathungal motors that they changed it under warranty !!

68000km on odo now..safe and sound
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Pran, where is this Castrol Pitsstop? seems like a useful place
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its the one on the Sarjapur Total mall, next to CarSpa.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Pran if you are having free time it is a very simple DIY task. At the max it will take around 30 mins.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cinju, thats encouraging, I should try it once when time permits.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Pran trust me on this. All you need is the proper allen key & star screwdriver. Only thing you have to be careful is when fixing it back. Just need to ensure that all the plastic locks are facing the slots before you push them in. I can assure you that removing & re fixing wont create any rattle if you fix these locks properly which is quiet easy. But usually what happens when you give it to service centres is they simply press it without checking if the locks are in slot & this bends or breaks the plastic locks which in turn creates rattling. You can give me a call if you have any doubt on this.
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So few issues troubling me now.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/6000-mileage-drops-drastically.html

1. Mileage issues - have to figure out somehow, intercooler and EGR value cleaning might help, decided to try it anyway, no harm in cleaning the system.
    2. EBD failure message and ABS symbol light up continuously - looks like a battery issue, planing to go with Bosch this time, I was given a quote of 6600/- by Rajaji nagar Bosch, sounds verry expensive compared to the other prices I have seen here which was well within 5000/-.

Anyone knows Bosch battery dealers in Bangalore ?
    Last edited: May 3, 2012