1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Sad to hear about the damage Pran! a very similar incident happened with me a month back where my punto touched an auto from behind. it was just a touch without any damages. my front bumper was already damaged with a dog hit so i didnt even care to stop. but in the next traffic pile up (not a signal) that autowala came next to my car and started abusing. i told him nothing happened boss.. leave it. when i didn't stop he took out his right leg and banged at the front passenger door. luckily not much traffic was there ahead of me and i was already trying to sway my car away from him.. he tried to hit two three times more but his leg could not reach my door.. after that i moved ahead fast and stopped after some distance to check if there was any damage on the door. to my relief nothing was there.

about the den't on your door:
    if you don't mind giving it a try some dents can be taken out/reduced using the rubber mount of your gps (the thing that sticks to the glass)or any similar thing. the catch is it should stick on the dented surface, if it sticks then pull it with some force. i have tried it once on my right fender where i was able to remove about 75% of the dent.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

OT: Salute your respect for fellow human beings!! You still care for him proves that you are fearless too. This world is a confusing place mate, filled with hate & rage. Mutual respect & love is the final stage that humanity needs to evolve to before one could be set free from physical world's toil. That's why we are here.
    Absolutely amazing!! I personally would love to be just like you but this world is a too difficult testing ground:A

It's hurting to hear about your car but never mind, what matter's most is to be a nice human being:up.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Be extreme polite to person who treat you nice, If they are rude and show ur guts to them and bash them hard, Remember the one whi hits first on the Road is a Winner..........

When i havd my new Punto and was running in a temporary plate in local area called Kharghar, There is a narrow bridge which joins the highway its a shortcut and most the localities take that way, I had crossed the bridge and to join the highway you need to take a sharp left turn, knowing my turning radius i went to the right and started turning full leftas the big car does, I saw suddenly a Localite in a alto approaching from the highway to this bridge in a speed, I just stopped my car and wanted to watch his fun an there was a huge traffic behind me, This alto guy he yelled at me in Marathi saying take your car back, i lowered the glass and was sat inside, he came out and he saw that my car is on temporary plate and assuming i am not from that area he started arguing to take the car back and also telling the cars behind me to go back as he cannot turn, I got down from my car and aksed him in marathi, where ru hurrying brother, cant you see the line, now should we all carry your car and keep aside, Soon the behind armada boys got down and ordered him to take his car back,
    That is what i mean buddy, if the guy would have asked me politely i would have make a short turn also, But Tit for TAT, and that too a maruti guy yelling at FIAT.
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @shams, thanks for the tip, I was thinking to take my car to a paint shop which will be having the dent pull-out equipment, I dont want to repaint the entire door and lose the original finish, I will give it a try with my GPS holder. Very innovative man!!

@Tony: fighting with an individual is very different from auto wallas.Once there people sense some trouble atleast 5 of them will get together and we will be isolated. Sometime back I read a thread in another forum where a swift was pushed into a drain by a set of auto wallahs. And I was sure this guy wanted to create a scene out there because when I released my seat belt he was just jumping out of the auto.

@ENKI: I am not such a nice human being, I have kept the jack lever under my seat just in case a not-so-friendly person comes to break my bones. :)

Update:
    65k on odo, last month was a record for my car, covered the least distance in a month 834km :).
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Pran if Shams method does not work out, give a try to Pops A Dent product . I personally have used it & I was able to achieve 80-85 % result with it . But it takes lot of time & patience to do it. But it is way better than spending 2000 bucks for a dent removal + repaint. Check in Ebay or any similar sites. Don't buy the costly ones. Anything under 400 Rs could server your purpose. Even if you are coming down to tvm, you can ping me . We can give a try with mine.
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the offer Cinju, will catch up sometime when I am in TVM, just need to test it before cashing in.
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got the bumper repaired from Castrol Pitstop at Total, Sarjapur road. Total expense 300/-, 250 for bumper alignment and 50/- for fitting the mudflap.

Did a short trip to Kayamkulam last weekend, as always, enjoyed driving. This time took the route Bangalore -> Salem -> Coimbatore -> Palakkad -> Shornur -> Thrissur -> Cochin -> Kayamkulam.

Avoided the Palakkad-Thirssur route since I was informed that road doesn't exist there. The Palakkad-Shornur stretch was awesome, similar to MC road with all the reflectors and side lines.About 20km while entering Coimbatore and some 10km after Coimbatore is bad, else the roads are good
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Didn't you use the Coimbatore bypass?
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, I did, a 31/- toll ticket to get through 4 toll gates
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Time for a short visit to the SC for sorting out some pending issues:

1. At 60,000km service the belts (steering belt, alternator belt??) that need to be changed was not done (at Concorde, Dairy Cirlce) due to non-availability of parts. During my last visit to KHT motors I was told that parts are available but need a days time, was too busy then to leave my car for a day.
    2. Mileage dropped to ~11km/l ( for a diesel !) in city no matter how light I am on my accelerator, used to be 13-14km/l in city. Cleaning the air-filter could be a solution, may be there is something else as well.
    3. Rear bumper needs minor re-aligning, got 2 hits from rear by a bike and a qualis, when fully loaded I can hear some noise from the rear, may be the tyre rubbing the plastic on the wheel well.
    4. During my last visit to KHT it was noticed that the FL tyre do not rotate freely, may be this is contributing to the lesser mileage.
    5. Rattling from the FL door, looks like its the tweeter gone loose.
    6. Plastic on front right quarter glass missing, would need a part.
    7. Front lower grill jumped out at top portion, its not coming out or going in, need to be fixed.
    8. Broken seat height adjuster, would need a replacement part.

This time I am going for KHT motors, was impressed with the kind of attention they gave to my car, my car demands lots of attention :)
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012