1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Only Intelligent People think and go for the European Brands for the Style, Safety and the Toughness....
    Others just follow the passer bys......
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got some paint job done 2 months back which I forgot to mention.
    Damages:
    1. The front bumper had some minor scratches and spots, all because of my parking skills ;).
    2. A dent in the the left fender, someone like me had exceptional parking skill, got it when my car was in my office parking.
    3. Minor scratches on the rear bumper, brakes of Qualis is not as good as Puntos, got hit from behind.
    4. The front number plate was too dirty.
    5. Thanks to the Bangalore hard water and the washing guy who uses the same cloth for tyre cleaning and then washing the body, paint lost the glow to a great extend.

Paint job:
    The front bumper and left fender was repainted completely and a full body polish done : 3500/-
    Made a fresh front number plate again - 250/-
    Some kind of touch work was done on the rear bumper, which was a disaster, the scratch is still visible with some pinkish touch-work:thumbs down

Overall the car looks fresher and cleaner now :dancing, except for the rear bumper.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Pran, 3500 seems quite reasonable. where did you get it done? and how much time did they take
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @shams: I got it done from a local workshop in Trivandrum, gave the car in the morning by 9-10am and got it back by 7pm same day.
    I was quoted 10k by Concorde,Dairy Circle and 13k by another local paintshop in Trivandrum. Felt that was too much considering that the damages were too little.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Which one is that? Looks like I could use their services as well..
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Came back from a really hectic and tiring trip to Kerala. 1st day 15.5 hrs on road, driving, non stop, with 1 break just for fuel topup and toilet, food was served in the car by my wife :), By the time I reached Kerala the lower arm or the link rod has started making noise. Called up Concorde and came to know that either parts are not available. :eek:. 3rd day driving back with sufficient breaks for 17hrs, a self record yet to be broken.

1st plastic part broke in my car, the seat height level adjust lever. I always pull it away from the seat towards the door before adjusting the height, which I think was not something it was designed to handle. Lucky that it broke when the seat was at the max height, I am sure this part will also be not in stock considering that it has been months since Fiat supplied parts to Concorde.

@Roy : its right under your nose, Auto Park, just outside Technopark :). Not a great place if you are expecting some glass-like finish, but good enough for the small works. I am not sure how long the gloss will last but I am ready to get a polish done more frequently, 1 or 2 times a year. now,
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I guessed right, it was the link rod which was making the noise. Concorde said its almost 3months since Fiat supplied them spare parts. Tried my luck at KHT motors last saturday, they are regularly getting the parts from Fiat. Is this a sign of Tata-Fiat parting ways at Concorde? Anyways, KHT did a good job to get the work done in quick time. Reached the SC by 9am and by 12 the car was returned after repair, bill came to 1600/-
    Visited the CEAT shoppe on JC road for alignment and balancing, it was last done at 47000 km, now its 64000km, was too busy to get this done, the longest ever without an alignment check. 400/- alignment, 150/- per wheel balancing
    My alloy got a slight bent on the inner side thanks to a huge pothhole on the Mysore -Bangalore strech, 600/- for fixing it.

Love your car, it will take care of you.

Mods : Please change the Title to "Aug09 GP MJD 64000 km report"
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    You got your car just two or three weeks before me and already reached 64! I just reached 33 this week.
    Tata and Fiat are not parting ways. The very fact that one dealer says they have not received any spares from Fiat for 3 months and another getting regular supplies shows the attitude of the dealer. It is probable that Concorde may not be getting a pie of the Fiat exclusive dealerships.
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My car had a bad last week.
    First I missed a hump at night which had decent slope and height as well, good enough for my car to take off the ground, since I was at 60+. Take off was fine, but landing was not so smooth, the front bumper hit first and I heard the scratching sound of the engine guard as well. Damage: there are slight bulge on the wheel arches on the bumper, the bumper came off the locks at some places, but symmetrically. Few friends whom I showed the damages didn't even understand what the damage was until I specifically pointed out, but a damage is a damage, it hurts!
    Next day while trying to overtake a bus suddenly I saw a barricade which was kept by the workers working on the divider. Suddenly braked and stopped my vehicle only to see an auto skidding and coming like a fish towards my car. I managed to engage 1st and move forward a little bit to avoid a crash and was successful. But the auto driver had other ideas, when I stopped at the signal just after that. Came to the passenger side and knocked at the window and asked whether i was blind, I said sorry, I didn't see. There he showed his culture and started abusing when I raised my window and put the volume high. He got irritated and started banging on the window. Not sure what was going through my mind at that time, I started to shake my head to the music and the driver got more irritated and he kicked 3-4 times on the passenger side door. Damage : a slight dent on the door. I hope he reached home safely that night.

Aaalll eezzz welll !!
  10. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Sorry to hear about that. Well these auto drivers are fulminate to our society.You should given back to him properly..