1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    hmm. Me changed from the 185/70 A-Drives to 195/70 XM1+. Yoko lasted for 30K kms. The major difference I can see is the XM1+ are dead silent. Not a bit of noise from them. Downside is the A-drives were more grippy compared to the XM1+. In office MLCP, the A-drives never squealed. But the XM1+ squeals when taking high speed turns.
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think it is more to do with your driving style for the Yokos to last only till 30k, the ES100 in my brothers Figo is still running fine at 40k, may be they are very different compounds. I am a bit surprised to know that XM1+ have lesser grip compared to A-drives. Can you give a comparison between your stock tires and the A-drive? I believe it was B250.
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    B250 were hard like anything and noisy. Punto is a heavier car and I had been to some of the worst roads in Kerala and south india :). General feedback is that that A-rives last for around 35K. Me too a bit suprised at the lower grip of the xm1+. locked the wheels once on hard braking which never happened with my A-drives
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So how would you rate these tires on

Grip
    A-drives > XM1+ > B250 ?

Comfort
    XM1+ > A-drives > B250 ?

Silent
    XM1+ > A-drives > B250?

My comparison of CPC2 and B250 is as below:

Grip
    B250 > CPC2

Comfort
    B250 > CPC2

Silent
    CPC2 > B250
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Exactly as above. Also XM1+ sidewalls is abit more tougher than the A-Drives. Bad that the CPC2 disappointed you. I think it has to come down to the huge water channels in the CPC2 which provided more grip in wet, but due to lower contact patch area provides lower grip in dry.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  6. gp_yash

gp_yash

Bangalore
    Pricing breakup

@ Pran: Can you please provide the breakup for the oils replaced for the 2yrs/60k Kms cycle?

My Car is going to complete 2 Yrs soon. What all oils did you replace?

TASS topped up the coolant during 3rd [30k Kms] Service.
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gave my car for the 60,000 service yesterday to Concorde Motors, Dairy circle.

The estimate:
    60k service charge : 2500 /-
    Alternator and some another belt replace : 3500 /-
    Oils and filter : 3500 /-
    Brake pads : 3100 /-

Glad that I did the 2yrs fluid changes earlier, lesser damage at one go for my purse ;)

The SA has promised a more expensive 75,000 service where I have to change some "chain" which alone costs 13,000/- :eek:

Since the belt replacement takes some time and I was planning for a Goa trip he recommended to leave the car for a day, so that he gets more time wit the car. I dont like leaving my car in a workshop overnight, but then I felt he wants to take proper care, so accepted and dropped the car for an overnight stay.

@yash : Sorry for such a delaaaayed reply, since I was not able to find my last bills. All I remember is it cost me 4,100 /- and it was just the replacement of whatever fluids were mentioned in the service booklet. Just met my colleague with a Linea who was charged 1k for 4L of coolant, simply not acceptable, how can there be 4L of coolant for an engine that can take just 3.2L of oil? :anyone

Waiting for the call from my SA
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Pran our cars cooling system holds around 7.5 ltr of coolant and water
  9. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    7.5 ltrs means approx 3 ltrs of Paraflu coolant and the rest distilled water. Just changed the fluids today.
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since I gave my car for service I was too busy, so a bit too delayed updated, sorry guys.
    I got my car serviced on 23rd Nov.
    The steering belt, alternator belt and some another belt was not replaced due to non-availability of parts. It seems its almost 2 months since Fiat send any parts to Concorde, Dairy Cirlce !! :eek:
    The car was ready as promised and the bill came to 6500/- + 3000 for brake pads. No surprises.
    The engine noise was much smoother after it was heated up and the smoke at around 2000rpm is reduced to some extend but not completely.
    24th started for Goa and took the route Bangalore->Hubli->Dharwad->Calangute (in Goa where we stayed). Somewhere between Hubli and Goa 80 of the strech I was on 2nd or 3rd gear. :A
    25th and 26th spend at ease roaming around in Goa and some water sports
    27th started back and took the route Calangute->Karwar->Hubli->Bangalore. This was such a beautiful route with no real bad stretches to crib about.

1 Punto and 1 Swift was driven back-to-back for the entire trip. For those who still believes Swift gives tremendous mileage, you are fooled !!:devilface
    Same pump, same refueling unit, same temperatures, same route, same speeds, same conditions. When Punto was topped up for 1644/- Swift was topped up for 1614/-, when Punto was topped up for 770/- Swift was topped up for 750/-.
    Moral of the story : SWIFT DONT GIVE MAGIC MILEAGE WITH ALL THE THIN SHEET METAL, MINUS SAFETY OR COMFORT FEATURES ! :punch

My car has now reached 62500km, running strong, tension free and trouble free.
    1 person likes this.