1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Congrats Pran!
    My car will be 2 years exactly three weeks from now and it is just over 27K on odo now.
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did the fluid changes required at 2years or 60,000km, its 2yrs for me.

Transmission oil, steering oil, brake.clutch fluid, coolant, all these were replaced.
    General checkup done.
    Cleaning using some special oil done, may be while draining the old fluids.
    The front lower grill was lost somewhere, this was already misaligned after a stupid valet parking driver reversed his car and hit straight into mine, this was fixed
    Air-filter and pollen filters were cleaned since I was seeing more smoke nowadays.

Total bill : 4,100 /-
    Wash, interior and tyre polish comes FOC. :)

No major changes observed after the fluid changes. Brake pads will last another 2000km, brake disc has uneven surface, planing to change these together since I hear noise while braking. At 30,000 service my SA noticed that there was no rubber on my brake pads, reason for the uneven brake discs.

Noticed that the coolant level was well below the min marking before I started for my Trivandrum visit last week, topped up on the way.

My car don't go beyond 150 km/hr now ! :eek: Noticed this when I had to race with a Micra which just zoomed past me :mad:

A Pete-d i20 zipped past me effortlessly, I cannot be mad a him ;)

Came back after the trip and opened the hood to see that the coolant level has gone down below min again !:eek:

More smoke still comes out, planning for Mobil1 0W40 for next service at 60,000.

Still going strong at 56,000 km, tension free, trouble free.
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Is there a coolant leak? Use Mobil Delvac1 5W40. Me using it for the last 7k kms and its the best you can give to the engine. Theres no diesel specific oil from mobil in the 0w40 grade
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Very good 56K kms ownership experience there, Pran

Good that you got all fluid change. I don't remember if they did it in my Linea at 45K kms service (> 2 yrs)

Did you use Max Defogger button on the trip? Anyways, get the coolant leak checked. There may be a minor leak.
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Amit. Today I managed to find some time to visit the SC to resolve the coolant issue, the level remains at MIN. SA had a look and said there are no signs of leakage. His opinion was it is OK for the level to be below minimum as long as there is coolant available in the tank, since it is just a storage tank and what ever is required is in circulation. :confused: :anyone

Asked the SA just to check if the CSC is the new metal one or is it the old faulty plastic one. He checked and replied that its is the plastic one and it is not replaced!! I was cheated by Kulathungal Motors :firey . I have to dig up the bills and check if they have mentioned anything regarding this being replaced under warranty. If I have the bill I am planning to verify it again from Concorde motors and gonna make a complaint against Kulathungal. I hate cheaters and I am gonna make them pay for this!! (am I getting emotional ;) )

Did some hunt for new set of tyres and found that my current tyres will get no real price. So for the time being reduced the pressure further to 27PSI, still I don't see the tyre flattening. Feels like some real HARD compound is used to build these tires.

I was using this till the 30000 service, default from Kulathungal
    http://www.mobil1.co.in/products/product_0W40.aspx
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  6. I second your opinion about Fiat, even my car had lot of issues but promptly supported by FIAT, they flew very next day I complained.
    I felt my car was in safe hands of FIAT service person as he was very clear with the issue and solutions.
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Pran, you had upgraded to Conti CPC2 recently right??
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, but I am disappointed with the comfort and grip. Trying to extract comfort by reducing the tire pressure, 27psi looks promising, need to take a long drive to check for the handling part.
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't u think thts going too low with the air pressure. U sure that will help getter better ride, maybe the tyre is just comfort oriented enough

Harmony & chaos
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since I have a higher profile tire 195 65R15 I can afford to be at lower tire pressure. But I am yet to push my car to the extremes after the 27psi setting, as I said, waiting for a long drive, but now I feel more comfort holding the steering and better ride.