1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aug09 GP MJD 1,35,000km completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pran, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Good to know that you got your car back in shape and I really liked the costly bill of Rs:-25 :) Luckily they had all the required spares with them which itself is a good thing. I really appreciate the Service Center.
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If the supplier warranty was still valid, it would have took longer since the process which I mentioned earlier will start, luckily it expired. :)
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yup that's true.. But these small small plastic parts many service centers wont be having. I had an issue with the driver side rear view mirror cup and none of the dealers in Tvm nor Cochin had it and at last it was couriered from Calicut. Thanks to a friend of mine who helped me out in this. Else I should have waited for weeks / months.
    Have a chilling ride with your new A/C.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    sirji, now that the rains have started, how will you rate the braking perfromance of the CPC2??
  5. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    You are very enthusiastic,even living at Pune,Puneites write very less.I have done Kerala Trip in my GP active MJD- Pune to Hosur,Hosur Madurai to Kanyakumari to Tiruvaanantpuram to Kottayam to Kumarkam to Tekadi to Munnar to Kaladi to Kochin & back via Karwar Goa to Pune. A very nice trip for 12 days 3600 kms.I have completed 11000 odd kms in one year. Avery enjoyable trip in Gp a Nice car FE IS AROUND 19 with speed around 100 to 120 ( very few times in Kerala) In kerala i found the highways are sheet.They are like just city road in Maharashtra,In Maharashtra you will love to drive the highways.I like the Keral very much.Jai Maharashtra
    Deepak
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am usually a sedate driver while it rains, so nothing interesting or alarming noticed so far in the rains.
    But yes, there was something alarming that happened in the sun. While driving back from TVM to Bangalore, between Madurai and Salem, I was on the left lane at 140. A local TVS50 guy was near the centre line on the right side. Just about to overtake him I sounded horn so that he don't come to the left. But that foolish old man jumped to the left lane.

For the 1st time in my life I stood on the brakes with no hopes of avoiding an accident. After a second I noticed that I have some more time. Tried to steer the vehicle to the right, SURPRISE, the car turned normally to the right. Was about to relax thinking that the worst is over while the car was yet to come to halt and me standing on the brakes, but I was wrong. That idiot came back to the right lane, AGAIN !. The car was still moving and I had to move further to the right and by the time the car came to a halt I was a good 5 feet in front of the stupid lucky fellow.

ABS and EBD saved his life and me too. My wife took a long deep breath and said, in future we buy cars only with ABS. Emotion was my choice just because of the integrated music system and ABS and EBD was just another useless feature which the manufacturer bundled to get more money out of us. But now I realized, how important these safety features are.

ABS is a must in our roads where most of the highways go through the remote villages where people are least aware of safety and highway manners. Thanks to Fiat for providing such safety features.

@DEEPAK BAPAT : Some foreigner who was riding his bike in different countries came to Kerala as well and stated Kerala has the most dangerous roads in the world, and its true with all the highways of 2 lane and the luxurious cars fly around at 100+km/hr
    1 person likes this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Fully agree...Not just the cars, a lot of private and state transport bus drivers drive dangerously and don't care for other vehicles or pedestrians. On rural roads, overloaded Jeeps and and trekkers(no more in production I think) always come against you as if to hit you head on, especially on state boarder roads.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Ex..

My previous monster, wanted to post the pics for sometime, finally got the time.

DSCF9630.jpg

DSCF9633.jpg
    2 people like this.
  9. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Aahhh! Thats a real beauty. How I wish I'd pcked up a 1.6 Siena when it was still available?
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today is my boys Bday, he is 2yrs with 52900km on odo. I am planning some bodyshop and paint work soon.