1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Audio

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by sjob, Jul 19, 2010.

1. sjob

sjob

Bangalore
    Hello Guys,

I want to put an audio into my GP Active. Can you guys suggest some good combination of music system and speaker? (I'm totally blank about it as you might have by now guessed). Budget would be around 15k or so.

Would my warranty be void if its fitted outside the delears? Would the delears agree to put in a configuration of my choice?

Please guide,

Sunil
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Admin,

This could be moved to the ICE section.

Johnny
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi sjob,

With your budget, I will suggest a head unit and speakers for the four doors. Amp & sub will not fit your budget. My recommendations are as follows:-

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH 4190SD - approx Rs 7000/= to 8000/=. This has USB & SD card connectivity with fairly good sound quality.

Front speakers MTX RTC 653 approx Rs 3500/=. These are 6.5" co-axial 3 way speakers.

Rear speakers MTX RTC 502 approx 2500/= to 3000/=. These are a 5" co-axial 2 way speakers.

This will give you a good setup within your budget. The quoted prices may vary slightly. Component speakers will be better for the front door, but then the cost will go up by about 3000/=.

The second option is to go in for Bull speakers, 6.5" and 5" co-axials - also good value for money. The third option is Blaupunkt GTX range co-axials.

Last but not the least, survey the market and audition the speakers before you buy them, and make sure that the installation is done by a competent guy.

I am not sure if the wiring exists in the car. If it exists, use the same wiring. Ensure that the installer does not cut any existing wires. This could void the warranty.

Johnny
  4. sjob

sjob

Bangalore
    Johnny, thanks for the detailed reply. I'll check up the configuration that you suggest,

Regards
    Sunil
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pl see my thread about "Changing speakers on my Emo Pack" about requirement of damping the doors.

Johnny