1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Audio System goes off once every 5 to 10 minutes and comes back

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Vishak Shanmugam Pillai, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Hi,

I have been noticing my audio system (OEM) which came with my linea emotion, going off/on once every 5 to 10 minutes. I have connected sony 2 channel amp for my subwoofer. The input for amp is (powered output from system) parallel connection taken from the 2 rear speakers. If I disconnect the amp this issue doesnt happen. It will be great if anyone can help me.

Vishak S
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

Amplifier is Clipping, get back to your installer and ask him to look into power consumption and requirements. If not resolved this could lead to permanent damage to amp
    Also if you amp is producing more than 200W you would need a sepearte power line to be on safer side as HU is limited by 10Amp fuse.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Check the grounding of the amp and the remote power cable connections
  4. Hi Viny,

But this was the same amplifier & Subwoofer I had been using in my old palio for almost 3 years. The only difference is that now amp is receiving powered audio input (parallel line to rear speakers) and when it was in my palio, signal to amp was given from the preouts of my pioneer system. Could this be an issue, I mean feeding powered audio signal to amp (But sony has designed to accept both powered audio signal and normal output from preouts)? The thing is that my audio system itself goes off and comes back once every 5 to 10 mins. But if the volume is kept very low have seen that this doesnt happen.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Vishak: Audio system going off and comes back doesnt make logical sense unless you have problem with power generated. Can you test if the car lights or other electronic equipments having similar cut offs to at same time. If amp is drawing more power than 10 Amp, then HU fuse will blow off and not just shutting down HU temporarily. Also do check if earthing or grounding is done properly. Other than this the most commonly perceived issue could be loose connection of power cable at the back of HU, do have a look on that too.
  6. Thanks guys. Atlast I found the problem. The input to the amp was too much to handle. Atlast I added a potentiometer (Volume Control or Adjustable Variable resistor) and increased the amplifier output. This resolved the problem.