1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Audi A1- Rival of Merc-A Class & BMW1 Series

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by BoseSuman, May 20, 2013.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Good news Bose hope they will launch it soon in India.
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Unsure how many can afford premium hatches in India?

Many a times i have come across critics within close circles who dont see value in spending any more than 5-6 lakhs on hatch backs.

plus, the cost of running, insurance and spares will quadruple for premium segment cars.
    in Bangalore, We hardly get to see 500's or Beetles on the road...however audis, beemers and mercs in 3 box variant are in plenty.

i fear Bravo would go into same bucket once launched here?
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Heheheheh Audi A1 equipped with a diesel engine from VW Vento & Polo 1.2 which cost less than 10 lakh. Just for brand one has to more than double amount. Instead of buying Audi buy Vento :lol

Too much sharing of engines and platfrom in VW group. Audi Q7, VW Taureg, Porsche Cayenne, Lambo Urus, and now the upcoming SUV by Bentley share same platforms. However, I think people pay a lot of money and only get cosmetics and rings n' bells different. The base is same. So no matter how high companies claim about their cars being different. their behaviour on the road is by very small margin is identicle.
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    So what. The Alfa Romeo Mito is based on the Punto and the Giulietta, from what I know is based on the Bravo. The engines are also quite similar. Many Lexus's are based on Toyota's, many Acura's are based on Honda's and so on. It's not just the VW group that has platform sharing across brands. However, the big difference between Fiat & VW is that VW group have successfully managed to turn around brands like Skoda which was on the brink of extinction when VW acquired it while Fiat has struggled through decades with Alfa Romeo.
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Agree every company share platform for cost cutting and so is the FIAT.

What I am saying is the price difference in between in such cases is huge and what we are getting is the same thing under the hood. We just pay to brand and nothing else.
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    May be A1 is not coming from Audi India's Head reply but A3 is coming next year. Mods:- please update the title as A3 confirmed for 2014 in India.

PFB the review from Siddharth Patankar ( CNB).

9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Bravo production is already seized by FIAT since an year now.
  10. Audi A3 Diesel also used same 1.6 ltr engine as in Skoda Rapid and VW Vento. But A3 is still different it can do emergency braking on it's own. Lot safer car than other two. At higher price point safety also takes a higher priority as much as performance.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013