1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

At last my 1st car !!! Hot Italian babe in black..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by aramico, Oct 30, 2014.

1. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Everyone,
    It feels great to be part of such community. Myself Kiran Kumar from Garden city. Architect by profession.
    I presume no other brand has such passionate following in India. After doing lot of research (online & offline) decided to take leap of faith and booked New Punto EVO 90HP. Took a delivery on 12th October. I will post my decision making & initial ownership experience soon. I an just taking baby steps into owning a car. Hope to learn & share my experiences with fellow members of the community.

Cheers!!! :)
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome to the group.

Do remember MJD loves to be revved. Post 2 K RPM is where all the fun begins. It took me some time to understand the charecter of the engine. In the early days of my ownership I had doubts if I bought a slouch of a car. But now I have learned to keep it revving in the turbo zone. Take it easy till the first few thousand kms and the learn to keep it in rev zone you will never regret your decision.
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  3. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @nibedk
    Thanks for the advice. Yes it feels very laggy in 1st & 2nd gears. Also the the clutch has little long play. I am still trying to get the grip of engine character. Really excited.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well there is nothing u can do about the first 2 gears. Complaining about the clutch, then you need to try the Grande Punto clutch. It doesn't only travel miles but is is heavy as well. In comparsion EVO is very light. Well you need to get your Punto Wolfed. That will make it a pocket rocket at higher speeds. Driveability will be better for the first two gears. But there is not really much you can do about the first two gears other than improving the driveability. But be assured by the first service Punto's driveability will change for better. Mine has clocked 10 k in 4 months and I can assure that it isn't as much a laggard in the first two gears as it was when I bought it.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes wolfing is on my mind. Just waiting to get my 1st service done & clock 5k on Odo. I love the steering feedback, though I feel its little on the stiffer side for city. I know post run-in period it will get better & better.
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  6. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico, congrats on you new buy. Do not worry, your faith will be well paid. I own a 90 HP Grande Punto Sports and its a pleasure car. Enjoy every mile in yours.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @aramico, congrats for your Evo beauty. Do post pics in the ownership section. We would love to see them. Happy revving. Enjoy your drive.

Agree that Punto's clutch travels a lot but its the lightest & smoothest clutch I have come across in the diesel segment.
    prabhjot and aramico like this.
  8. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations aramico!

open an ownership thread and post buying experience, likes and dislikes about car.

Do some justice to thread by posting pics for us to see your ride.

Happy revving!
  9. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Himanshu,
    Thanks. I will post the initial ownership & buying experience soon.
  10. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    congrts man!!! but any thread is not complete unless drooling pics :D. Have a great time with this beauty!!
    aramico likes this.