1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Asphalt Liquid drops on WHITE Linea..!!

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Aravindh VK, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Aravindh i also had the same problem while using NH4 , If you rub the surface it will be rough, some are visible and some aint visible, took it to 3M they told it could be taken off with treatment, I was given an estimate of 1750. I didnt do it right away since it was monsoon and my work in Vellore is till this month end so i have more trips on NH4 and thought will gather more such contaminants and finally get it cleaned. As Ramesh was mentioning its a daylight robbery, I just stumbled upon then thread now else would have told you. Anyways 3M is there for any contaminants on body always.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Interestingly i took it to car cares OMR the closest to my home and i was told it had to be done away with Sanding , i was quite apprehensive to do it a car thats barely 7 months old. It was constantly in my mind, i couldnt be peaceful, The next day i took off to work and went to 3M, Dushy is some one who brought my worries to rest told i can do it for sure with minimal treatment and after his words only i was relieved. Then gave me a choice its not an immediate thing to be done. you can do it at your time and convenience . Service and professionalism of 3M truly rocks.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Yes.. It is not the 3M CR 70. today cvanand has confirmed it in person. But for 3M, I have to come either to chennai or bangalore, for which my parents say "NO". And I don't use my Linea in chennai because my college friends will damage it for sure. So, My only way is to do here in salem only.:( But anyways I will be changing this in two years. Regarding Teflon, a Double Layered coating has been done. steering knob is often used by my dad and looks sporty when viewed from outside.
    -Next time, I will be surely doing it in 3M.:) anand too suggested the same as you told Ramjn sir..:)
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  3. I'm not 100% sure on the sun films Aravindh. It looks very similar to the CR70, but since there were no 3M water marks in it, it did create the doubt for me and the price you paid for it means it is most probably not the CR70 for sure. But anyways, this film too seems to be in the 70% VLT and does look like tinted glass.

Maybe you can post a pic of your car parked in sun light so that others can get an idea ;)
    1 person likes this.
  4. cvanand's linea followed by mine. DSC01223.jpg
    2 people like this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No picture is needed Anandh. The cheapest film from 3M is the SP series and even that would cost more than Rs. 2900 for 4 windows and rear windshield. CR70 is the premium and most expensive film from 3M. Now, you will know why the film instlled is not 3M. I even doubt if any dealer would stock CR70 film in Salem. 99.99% of the population won't be ready to pay such a premium amount for sunfilm in Salem. Such things should be done from Chennai/Bangalore.

I am guessing the film may be ICE COOL 70 from Garware - http://www.garwaresuncontrol.com/products/pdf/auto_pdfs/ice-cool 70.pdf
    2 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Why did you go for sun control film as it is banned.

I think since it is banned they may be giving it in such a lower price. A possibility.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I highly doubt this.

People still are doing CR70 for front windshields in Chennai. I noticed this when I visited them in August this year. They still charge Rs. 7.5k for the same. :)
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    CR70 will cost > Rs. 2900 just for the windshield. No way you can get it for 4 windows + windscreen for that price - ban or no ban

Rajan
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I was quoted 16k for CR70 just for the side and rear glasses.

Aravindh, did they give you a 3M warranty card? I guess not.

BTW, the 3M water mark will not be there in all installs. While 3M replaced on my films for bubble formation the new one did not have 3M print. This was at 3M Car Care, Nungambakkam.
  10. They didnt provide me any type of warranty card. The sunfilm roll's outer pack contained the name 3M all over the package. That is the only place where I saw the name 3M.